Sins of the Flesh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Warz IC Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:02 pm

<<Hotaru>>

Hotaru jerked back as Aeolus went to touch him, instantly shifting to a posture that would defend against attack, and almost slammed the door in the dusty dragon's face. Hearing his name like that, however, stopped him. Hotaru. It seemed to mean something more, and he lingered uncertainly in the doorway.

He looked down at his arm, where the gouges had already dried to crusty stains, but didn't see anything so unusual or exciting. They still itched, now that he was thinking about them again, and he picked idly at the scabs while tossing a few looks up at the dragon.

Knowing why he was there, the solution to the persistent rash, and what he was? A coming of age?

Hotaru didn't understand, and learning the answers to those questions was an irresistable lure. He could always kill the dragon after he talked to him ... but this was the healer's house. Hotaru couldn't remember every having a place of his own; he didn't know the protocols and did not wish to offend the perplexing elf. He also suddenly felt uncomfortably exposed, with his cut up and bloody skin and tattered trousers. He hadn't noticed before that he'd cut through the fabric in his zeal, though he'd had the presence of mind to remove the shirt.

Making his decision, Hotaru stepped back to pull the door wide. He pointed to a spot just inside. "Stay there. I'll just ... er, just stay there and don't move!"
Back to top Go down
http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Practically bouncing in excitement at this revelation, Aeoulous waited, remarkably patient considering the joy bubbling his his eyes. Even his hair seemed to sparkle with the same joy. He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt this. He would have to thank Thorn immensely for inviting him and the hotaru for allowing him to witness such a momentous occasion. Although the shedding would not be complete for a little while more. He stepped inside when invited and was even so good as to stand where the other pointed. He would get to the fun parts if he didn't upset Hotaru. He held the basket out to Hotaru.

"An apology for the trouble I may have caused. It's nothing fancy, just a light meal. I thought you might be hungry, so put something together." He explained and eyed the other's appearance. He'd really scratched himself raw. "It's your claws." He started speaking softly then nodded to the shredded pants the hotaru was wearing, "Your fingernails are hardening into claws to make the shedding easier." He held out a hand hoping to examine the scratches more closely. "The itching, the dry skin, it's all natural. The only thing that medicine of any sort can do is ease the itch for a brief amount of time. You are changing Hotaru. A much bigger change is upon you." Now that he found himself speaking about it, he couldn't seem to make himself stop. "Your fleshy skin is shedding away to a fresher, newer and more sturdy version of yourself. When the process is complete you will no longer appear as you do now. Beneath your current skin scales grow. Yor body is preparing for a spectacular change to what your are meant to be. You are neither human nor elf nor dragon even. You are hotaru..." His serious speech broke when he stopped to think for a short moment. "In the common tongue, you would say dragonling, but I believe hotaru sounds much better. Wouldn't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:09 am

<<Hotaru>>

"Er," said Hotaru eloquently. He'd been about to back away, clean up and change, and hopefully find the healer, when Aeolus began speaking again. Hotaru had to really listen as he spoke quickly in his excitement, but he still wasn't really sure what he was talking about.

Lifting his arm, he stared at what had seemed like a deep scratch earlier and now was little more than red skin in the center of a dry patch, with dried blood sticking to it. He'd never had much body hair, something that had always embarrassed him, and there was none on his arms to make the blood stick. As it dried, skin and blood just fell away.

He wanted his armor, badly. The crystal dragon stared at him greedily, and Hotaru felt wholly exposed in front of him. Still clutching his arm, he backed away a step.

"I don't understand," he managed to murmur, shoving panic down to flutter like a mad thing in his gut.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Aeolous took a deep long breath to control his excitement. "My apologies I got ahead of myself. I hadn't meant to confuse you." He glanced further into the place, he'd hoped to be able to sit while he explained, but as he hadn't been invited further in, but had instead been told to stay where he was, he remained standing. The wizard had been offended enough for one day, he believed. For that reason, he mentally thanked his god that Thorn wasn't present for this. The blue dragon's company was pleasant only so long as he was in a good mood and considering what he'd last seen of Lord Oceanwalker, he would not have made this meeting easy.

"Allow me to start at the beginning." He spoke in a softer tone now. Calmer than he had been, ready to answer the questions he were going to be asked. "At the beginning of the world, the gods made beings resembling themselves, great beasts that aligned to the elements. They called them dragons. To serve their new creations, elves were created. After them many other races were brought into being, including a race meant to balance out the the power. You see, the dragons had become too egocentric and this behavior did not bode well with the gods. So these beings called Dragonlings or Hotaru..." He nodded to Hotaru, "were created with abilities to challenge a dragon's strength and thus humble the race."

He looked saddened at his next thought, but continued his recount of the history regardless, "When the war began, the hotaru were all but wiped out. They were sought out by both sides and forced to either join a side or perish. Many chose death, others died in the war. After a time it was believed that the hotaru had been completely wiped out. But you are still here, so surely at least one survived long enough to birth you. My observations and studies and especially that arm of yours. They all support the theory that you are what remains of that race. That is why I believe the gods both want you... to them, you are an invaluable asset to their causes. However, I also believe that the choice will be ultimately yours." As he finished speaking he met the hotaru's eye. He hoped he'd explained that part clearly enough, "If you have any questions." He prompted with a nod, indicating that he would answer what questions he may have.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:31 am

<<Hotaru>>

Aeolus' vibrancy and sincerity only made Hotaru feel more off balance. He backed away and finally fled, yelling over his shoulder, "You're a fucking lunatic!"

He dashed back upstairs to the room Arandur had offered him, slamming the door and leaning against it to suck in huge mouthfuls of air. There were no windows in this place, and no doors. There was nowhere to flee to, and he stubbornly pushed the panic down, swallowing his fears.

"I am not one of these things," he said. "I'm just a half-elf. I'm -- I ...." He stopped, forcing himself to breathe deeply and slowly. Then he walked over to the mirror and stared at himself. Humanoid; there was nothing funny about him. There were no human/elven/dragon creatures in the world. It was a myth.

"It's just my name." Or was it? "It's just my name," he told his reflection. "It is." But the dried blood-streaked face stared back impassively. He'd never just looked at himself before, usually too busy with something that actually mattered to spend time obsessing over his appearance.

He was stockier than an elf, shorter; but taller and slimmer than a human. His features were a mix of the two races, just like every other half-elf he'd ever met. But he wasn't like them. He was stronger, quicker, had better senses, and the odd, sixth sense that he'd never mentioned to anyone. His eyes were also solid black, no difference from iris to pupil, though he only really saw that when he pressed his nose almost into the glass, staring at a dry patch on his forehead, right in the part of his hair.

A little spit and some rubbing, and the dried blood came away. There was only skin beneath. Just skin. He was relieved, and sat down on the edge of the bed with a thump.

"I'm not that important," he murmured. "I'm just ...."

He couldn't remember a time without Xiuhcoatl in his head. He had always served the Lord of War and his followers, doing his part to help clear the path. There was a grand celebration coming up, planned for the first step to bring Xiuhcoatl back into eminent power of the world. Hotaru had a part to play; he'd waited his whole life for that one moment, and now it was gone.

Elbows on knees, he buried his face in his hands. Life was simple: kill or be killed. He had an ancient spear with special properties, the only one of its kind. That's all. He wasn't some made-up race to amuse the dragons. He wasn't!
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 am

<<Hotaru>>

He stayed in his room, but hunger eventually drove him out. He washed, wincing from the sting in the open scratches. He'd tried to keep himself from scratching the itchy places; he wasn't a 'dragonling,' whatever that dusty old dragon might say! But he kept waking up from the dreadful itch, as if knowing he was supposed to scratch was making it all worse.

He glared at his fingernails, tapping them against the tub and biting at them, but they were as hard as flint, and as black. Sometime in the last day or night they'd changed color, and the edges were sharp. It was because of them he'd sliced a deep wound in his upper thigh, waking sticky with blood. Even as he ruthlessly scrubbed the cut, he wanted to scratch some more to ease the itch. Arandur's cream only seemed to worsen the condition of his skin, but it helped reduce the itch. Unfortunately, he'd wiped the last of the concoction out of that jar sometime during the night.

There was a mirror in the bathing room and Hotaru stared at himself in it. He could admit that he was becoming obsessed with his reflection, but he kept searching for something to prove Aeolus wrong. The new cut wasn't healing over like the others. The center was dusty-looking, the skin hard and felt like gristle, ridged, sort of like fish scales ... if that fish had been left out to dry in the sun. His skin felt sensitive, though, like the tingles of returning circulation.

He scowled into the mirror and rubbed his aching jaw. He had a toothache and wanted nothing more than some stiff brandy to brace himself while yanking out the rotten tooth. Perhaps he should do that and then look for food ... but he was hungry now.

Sighing, he dressed in another of the light, cream-colored linen pants and loose shirt. A matching leather belt tied around his waist. He rubbed his head with his fingertips, being wary of his nails, and pulled the towel over his scalp one last time before attempting to clean up after himself. Arandur had respected his privacy and Hotaru appreciated that, but he rarely lived in towns, and the Faith always had servants to attend him when he was home. He just wasn't sure what to do. It was strangely disconcerting

He padded barefoot downstairs. Hearing voices speaking in the main room, Hotaru turned the other way and slipped into the kitchen hopefully unnoticed.

Last edited by Dark on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

He swam to the surface, paddling around, exhaling sharply, sending a spray of water across the top. His tail swept back and forth, his legs kicking as he moved through the water. He slid beneath the water again, diving deep before returning to the city, moving to his room as one or two of his servants followed, brushing out his hair and pinning it up elegantly. He stood, pulling a sheer cloth around his waist and tying it at his hip. His horns were polished and cleaned of the water from the lake, polished to a crystal shine as he left to go to Arandur's house, not to apologise, but to try and wring a civilized conversation from the impossible man.

He took his time, wandering through the little underwater metropolis, watching the elves pass and bow to him before he arrived at the healer's house. He supposed barging in would be unwelcome. And would probably earn him a tonguelashing of the variety that he did not desire. He hmmed softly, pacing around the little home, finding a window that peered into the kitchen, looking around, just in time to see a little dragonet wander in. He tilted his head (though any similarities between his current pose and that of a bird's was purely coincidental), and blinked, slowly as he watched him for a moment, leaning forward until his nose touched the window. Hmmm.

He stepped away from the window, the other had probably noticed him, his spider senses had probably tingled and now Oceanwalker moved around to the other side, to see if he could spot Arandur, but upon not finding the elusive elf, he turned moving to the front door and waiting, knocking was so... beneath him, really, he shouldn't have to ask permission to enter one of his people's homes, they should welcome him, wide open arms and all, they should know when he was coming and be there to greet him. His mouth turned down, and he moved back and forth in front of the door. He couldn't just stay here all day, pacing back and forth in front of a door, a door that was not opening for him. He growled softly, snorting, before he finally knocked on the door reluctantly, standing upright, his back rigid as a board as he stared hard at the door, as though it was his mortal enemy and at the moment, that bloody door, was.
Back to top Go down
https://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 pm

After seeing to things in the kitchen, he had gone up to his own room to sit and read for a while, to practice and study, seeing as how it seemed that he would have precious little time of his own to do so, not only because the other man was now staying in his home, but also because his home might not be his home for much longer.

As the knock on the door came, he had left it, only to find his houseguest opening it. It was easy enough to hear the conversation below, what with the building having those vaulted ceilings and minimalist sort of furnishings that did nothing to stop noise vibrations. His actions had paused, nearly dropping something from midair as he listened to to the parry back and forth between them before his guest returned to his room in a flurry. He shook his head a bit, leaving the man to it. Interesting though, the stories of the past, or at least this version of it. He was not a great believer in these tales being the whole truth, because the winners in any battle or war, or whatever, were the ones that wrote or passed on history, not the ones that had lost.

He didn't know if the other dragon had left, but Hotaru, or the Hotaru, was not coming down again, and when the knock at the door happened, it was only him that was there to answer it. Perhaps the dragon had remembered something and come back to relate it.

Getting up, he would wander down the stairs, only to find the dragon still there, having stayed by the door where the other resident had left him, not obviously having wanted to answer the door himself. He rose a brow to the dragon before pulling the door open, and came face-to-face with Oceanwalker. He blinked. Since when did Oceanwalker knock? The surprise in his eyes at seeing the dragon was soon changed as they narrowed, sceptical of this seeming show of humility. Perhaps if the other dragon's story was to be believed, wizards were also there to check a dragon's ego. "You wished to speak with me?" he asked, not sure what else to say, though he did not immediately invite the other in. If Oceanwalker was going to make a real effort, he would have to wait and continue to hold himself in check if he wanted to have a conversation with the wizard. Oceanwalker knew enough of him to know that he would have calmed down by now, but if the wrong thing was said everything would flare up once more. Patience was a virtue however when dealing with the wizard, though for all the many many years he had been here now, Oceanwalker had still not got into the wizard's pants. Astounding.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:08 am

Oceanwalker looked up when the door swung open, his face adopting a haughty look, his mask to hide the turbulent feelings underneath. He didn't know how to react to the wizard, in truth, he was mouthy and had yet refused him enter his bed. It was agitating at best and it bothered him, well and truly, that he couldn't bed the wizard. He raised his chin, "Perhaps I was hasty in my judgement." He said a bit, "After a swim I see it is best that the hunter be kept away from my home, at least here, he will not do harm to you. He seems oddly fond of you." He said cooly, "If a hunter can be fond of anything, sans killing." It was the closest form of apology that Oceanwalker knew how to convey.

He didn't like he hunter, so it was safer for all involved that the hunter be away and out of reach of the Lord's claws and short temper. He turned his head to the other, his ear twitching as his nose pinched slightly, "You should have asked before you took him, wizard, but I will forgive you for doing so. As a healer I've given you privileges with my home and I would be most pleased if you didn't stray too far from it, I was hasty on my judgement." He was also as fickle as the seas themselves and he could just as take what he wanted from the elf, if he so chose, but that wasn't his way, he wanted the elf begging him to take him, to debase himself in such a way that the other elves did as well, and it intrigued him as to why this one, of all of them, didn't.

There were a number of causes he could think, not the least of which was the fact that he would not allow Arandur to travel, due to his condition and he knew that the elf resented it somewhat. Perhaps he would take the hunter and the elf up to the surface when he was feeling more generous. He turned then, "That is all, Arandur, but I will still make regular calls on the other, and you, and he will come with me a few times to rebuild his strength, he cannot serve my god in the sorry state he's in now." He said, before he turned and took his leave.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 pm

<<Hotaru>>

With a loaf of bread tucked under his arm and a bowl of some sort of herb and fish paste in his hand, Hotaru hovered by the door, listening to the voices by the door. He tore a chunk off the bread and swiped it through the dip, munching while he eavesdropped. Aeolus was still there, and Arandur was back, and that last voice was Thorn's, his gaoler.

His teeth ground together as Thorn spoke, and Hotaru almost forgot the food in his hands. At the last words, he snarled in wild rage, stepping forward and hurling the bowl to smash on the wall beside Thorn's head.

"Just because I'm a weapon doesn't make me any less human!" he raged. How dare he? Hotaru had thoughts and feelings of his own! He had pride in what he was and what he'd accomplished.

"Damn you! I can feel! I feel everything!" He sneezed hard as his fury carried him towards the dragons and he passed by Aeolus. "If anyone's 'sorry,' it's you! Dragon. You hide behind your pretty elves and your lake, coward! If you truly cared about your 'God' you'd be out there fighting! Like I was! I did my Lord's bidding and I'm not ashamed! It is you who keep me here like some disgusting pet! If you didn't hold the end of my leash I'd kill you!"
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 pm

He was surprised to see Oceanwalker to say the least, though very few others came to visit him, it was unusual for the dragon's temper to cool sufficiently this quickly. He stood there, listening to this, a little baffled to say the least at the complete turn around. It seemed like his home was not to be threatened after all, indeed, if anything, Oceanwalker had turned on the charm, making concessions that even in normal times, he was not usually making. Not only that, but he was being asked not to stay out of Oceanwalker's home too much? Such a change of tact from the 'never darken my door again' that he had got barely an hour or so earlier was a bit of a shock, though his suspicions were aroused, he was still more than glad for the change. "Ill be sure to keep that in mind." he said, though got a chance to say little else as the other resident barged in and he could only wince a bit as he saw the catalyst for a return of fury in the dragon.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm

<<Oceanwalker>>

He looked up as the hunter finally showed himself, he could feel him in the back, listening, but this, was almost a delightfully unexpected show of rage and his ears twitched as he leaned away from the splattering bowl and shattered porcelain. He looked up, and smirked, because he had the needle to jab and provoke that temper in him, "I have it on good authority that indeed you are significantly less human than you appear." His gaze swept the hunter, "And you don't appear much like any human or halfling I've ever met." He said cooly.

As the other stalked towards him he adjusted his stance, "I do not hide, I just choose a life of isolation, not unlike you, hunter, but perhaps I do take refuge in my 'hoard' but then again, what dragon doesn't?" He growled, "I choose not to fight because I have a city to keep watch over to protect, I thought, from you and your meddlesome, monstrous deity." He chuckled coldly, "And because I hold the end of your leash, Draconel, I can so choose to strangle you with it!" His claws became long and wicked, a warning, "Now, pet," He said the word with a hiss, rubbing it into the other, "Go back to your kennel and I shall take my leave." He growled.

He turned, dismissing the hotaru and addressing Arandur, "Now, I'm behind in my addressing of problems." He turned without so much as a goodbye, but then, Oceanwalker had never said goodbye to anyone. It wasn't his thing.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 pm

<<Hotaru>>

Flushing hot and cold by turns at the dragon's haughty, self-centered, dismissive words, Hotaru froze in shocked anger for a moment, just long enough for Thorn to turn and leave. Snapping into action then, Hotaru yanked the bread out from under his arm. Crispy on the outside but light and flaky on the inside, the loaf was about the length of his arm (minus the bits he'd nibbled on) and in the shape of a rod. He flung the bread like a javelin, straight at Thorn's retreating head.

"Curse you!" Hotaru screamed at him. "Damn you for ever saving my life!" He wanted to hurt something badly, to fight and work off some of this manic energy, but the only ones close were Arandur and Aeolus and his rage was entirely focused on the blue dragon. If Arandur were not in the way, he would have launched himself at Thorn.

Hotaru felt most comfortable in wide, open places, and this underground lair felt far too much like a prison, even without Thorn's reminders. If he could just fight he could remind himself of who he was to bring some balance back. He knew he was too weak, still recovering from the cold sickness, but anger washed away sensible thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 am

To Aeolous, it didn't really matter how long he stood in the entryway waiting. The hotaru was angry with him... rather he was angry with the truth. He had to admit this was probably the best reaction he could have gotten from someone so volatile, considering the slayer had looked ready to kill him before the news was even delivered. So, at the moment, there was little else he could do, but hope that Hotaru came to accept the truth and be more willing to discuss it in a calm manner.

But before anyone showed up, there was a knock on the door which Arandur opened with little more than a glance at him. Aeolous smiled and offered a polite nod of greeting to the wizard, still unsure where he stood in regard to Arandur. The door was opened to reveal a somewhat more relaxed Thorn. This was good. He remained quiet and out of the way, during the apology. However, it seemed to be where the peace ended the moment he spoke of checking in on the hotaru, the creature in question all but flew into the room in a rage. The situation only deteriorated from there. Hotaru was angry, Thorn was angry. Aeolous only breathed again when Oceanwalker turned to leave and Hotaru did little more than throw bread at his head. His only hope was that if it hit, the blue dragon did not turn around.

Knowing the other dragon, it was unlikely, but possible. He sighed and bowed briefly to the two, "I have no wish to overstay my welcome in your home Arandur. I will take my leave, unless the hotaru has any questions. If not now, then you both know where to find me." He smiled, attempting to lighten the mood, but likely failing miserably.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:56 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The blue dragon's disinterest only increased Hotaru's rage, but without a target he felt lost and foolish. He stood there a minute, shaking with suppressed fury and only barely, refrained from stomping his feet or screaming like a child as Thorn walked away, as if getting beaned by a bread javelin was such an every day occurrence as to be beneath his notice.

"Fine!" he shouted, the dragon's footsteps already fading away. "Coward!"

He stormed back to his room, falling upon the bed with careless desolation. For lack of anyone else, Hotaru's anger turned upon himself and for the second time that day, he slashed himself to ribbons. He finally collapsed in an exhausted mess. A few tears leaked out but he neither noticed nor cared.

The next few days were an agony of itchy skin and growing restlessness so that Hotaru wondered if he might be losing his mind. He and Arandur had a cautious peace between them that Hotaru cherished. He did his best to refrain from making the healer a target of his snarky temper. The crystal dragon came back twice, but Hotaru refused to see him. He didn't trust anyone right now, least of all Aeolus, of whom he had no cause to trust and yet wanted to. Badly.

He didn't know what it was t first. Gratitude? Certainly not. Relief? No. No!

He couldn't stop thinking about what Aeolus had said, about a race of people called Hotaru -- didn't want anything to do with it -- but it made an undeniable kind of sense that just seemed to settle in against Hotaru's skin despite everything he could do to rip it back off. He pulled at it as he dug at his flesh, but it was as if, the harder he denied it, the firmer it clung to him.

His returning strength filled Hotaru with boundless, manic energy. He worked himself to sweaty exhaustion in Arandur's gym again and again but could not shake the restlessness which filled him. He was spoiling for a fight and could not take it out on Arandur, so he took himself out of the little house and into the underwater elven city.

His tattered and gruff appearance gave Hotaru a feral, vicious appearance not helped by the scowl he wore. News of his being in the city had spread far and wide, and many were the faces which peered at him curiously. He didn't know if he were even allowed out amongst the elves, but he didn't care. Let Thorn hear of it and come to fetch him! He scowled in anticipation.

Hotaru wouldn't lift a hand against these people unless they first provoked him, but Thorn he could fight. He shouldn't, because Thorn was the holder of his oath and to do him harm was borderline breaking that oath, but the dragon was strong; they could fight.

Thorn was easy to hate, and Hotaru wanted to hate him. He needed something to pit himself against, though he never would have reasoned it out that way. Anger gave him something to focus on, something to keep him from going mad in this underwater prison. Hotaru didn't know who he was anymore and that, more than anything else, confused him, left him standing unsure of his footing and frightened for the changes he sensed now taking place in his body. If he wasn't The Dragonslayer, then who was he? He didn't even have a name!
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:33 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The elven city beneath the lake shown blue-greenish, as if the light reached them through a window of blue glass. The buildings resembled the plants and surface at the lake-bottom such that they seemed to fade away into the surroundings to the unwary eye. Occasional shadows winked by overhead, hints of the monsters and fantasmic fish which lurked in the depths.

The walls of the city were not glass at all but magic, humming with warmth and power when Hotaru ventured to press his palm to the glittering surface.

He was in what appeared to be a small, cultured garden. Grass actually grew in the open space, and a stone bench sat beneath the boughs of a weeping willow. There were few surface plants in the city, but this small spot seemed purposefully set aside, protected and sacred.

Hotaru stood in the center with the city behind him. He closed his eyes, reaching for his center, and then began a series of exercises so familiar they were second nature. His muscles protested at first, but loosened quickly and Hotaru was content, folding into the forms and stepping fluidly from one into the next in a constant flow of movement, somewhere between dance and shadow sparring. He had a --

Hotaru.

Instantly, he dropped to one knee, falling out of the deceptively light exercises and bowing so that his chest pressed against his thigh, chin against his knee. His mind reached instinctively for that familiar touch, hungry for a return to what he knew, but the voice in his head grew fainter and then was gone.

A minute later, while Hotaru still shivered in confusion and bewildering anxiety, he heard an all-too familiar (and very unwelcome) bellow: "Hotaru!" Anger was quick to soothe the longing in his heart, but he did not at first move, still frozen with uncertainty.

The blue dragon, master of the elven city, stopped before him. "How dare you invite that monster into my domain?"

Hotaru's life and his honor belonged to this dragon whom he hated and wished dead, but Hotaru would never break his oath, for that would be an even greater dishonor, and so his pride was stung when Thorn demanded, in a low, furious voice, "Have you no honor?"

Pain from the loss of everything he'd ever known collided with wounded pride and Hotaru unfolded with a wordless scream of rage. he wanted Thorn to die, and he wanted it from his own hands, but he did not fight with all of his strength and speed, such that it was. He was better, but not completely well, and he fought without benefit of his weapons or armor. Nevertheless, it was good he battled a dragon. For all that Hotaru's inner sense of self, of pride and honor, kept him in check, a mortal man could never have parried the lightning-swift attacks or splintering blows.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Oceanwalker ignored the protests, the shouts, and returned to his palace, returning to the underground pool, wading in up to his waist in the middle. The lichen glowed, throwing light on his blue skin, his eyes were dark in turmoil as he tilted his head back, his fingers trailing through the water a thin tendril of water rose like a snake from the water, suspended over his arm as it coiled up and over his shoulder as it did the same on his other arm, before they met around his neck and went over his face and around his horns. He exhaled slowly, his long hair pooling around him like an oil slick, thick and dark as the water flowed above his skin, returning to the pool over his horns as he let his eyes open, staring through cage of water in front of his face.

Momentarily he could feel the brush of his own god, noticing him and he mentally paid tribute to the great being, holding the water captive by his mind. He stayed there a long time, taking the time to calm himself and relax into the embrace of his power and the vague presence of his god before it was overshadowed by a dark spot, in his city.

A snarl escaped him and he leapt out of the water. His long hair was wet and clung to his skin as he tied a cloth around his waist and stalked towards that darkness, quickly fading as he confronted Hotaru, spitting words that he knew would work the other up, words that stung the other sharply, and he could see it, secretly enjoying needling the other.

Where he was surprised was when the other finally snapped (he thought the other had a few nerves left) and screamed in rage, lunging at him. He ducked beneath the first blow, catching the other's wrists and falling backwards, tucking his feet and kicking them into the others stomach to propel him over him and away as he rolled and regained his footing. He hissed, his pupils widening into a thin line of purple around the edge, his head lowering to flash his horns, as the other leapt at him.

He was able to skillfully keep up with the other, diverting blows, remaining on defense, rather than attacking the other. He was unafraid of the other, he had no weapons, and he was decidedly not at full strength, so he was unconcerned as the other threw himself at him. He dodged and parried blows that belied his age, his eyes narrowed as he was able to predict the other's movements from the subtle shifts in his muscles along his torso and in his waist. He ducked, swinging his head, so the other wound up striking one of his horns and sent his arm askew. and allowed him to lunge at the other and attempt to pin him down.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:51 am

He had been staying well out the way when Hotaru and Oceanwalker went at it outside. Well at least the dragon wasn't angry at him any more, and from the looks of the exit, he had calmed enough to just pretty much ignore the slayer's outburst. He breathed a sigh of relief, watching the slayer go off to do something, likely train from what he knew of him.

As the scholar dragon spoke, he would turn to look at him. He didn't like strangers in his house, but in terms of strangers, and dragons, this one seemed by far the lesser of evils, being far less able to threaten the circumstances of his life as Oceanwalker was. He was still reeling over the close call over his home.

"No, you are already in, you can stay a while longer if you like" he said, turning back into his home "Its likely that avoiding Oceanwalker's home is a good call for a while, at least until Hotaru calms somewhat. They loathe each other. Would you care for a glass of water?" he asked.

It was clear from the way he spoke that he, like Hotaru, held dragons in no particular regard, and certainly not as a 'superior' being. Perhaps Aeolous, more than Oceanwalker, would understand this better. "You have been travelling a lot above ground, have you not?" he asked, holding out the glass. "What goes on in the land?" He had a keen yearning to get back to the land. He wanted to know what was going on up there. Up where he had been denied access for so long. In that way, perhaps Aeolous could be more of an ally than Oceanwalker was, for he had the knowledge, and perhaps the means, to get him out of here.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Aeolous' eyes widened at the invitation to stay. He glanced briefly at the fuming Hotaru, who would probably not appreciate his staying, but the wizard healer had a point. An angry Oceanwalker was not pleasant company, perhaps worse than an angry Hotaru. But one could never be too careful. He kept an eye on the slayer as he followed Arandur further into the house.

"A glass of water would be wonderful, thank you." He replied, a polite smile spread on his face. The wizard didn't care for dragons, certainly. He had made that abundantly clear in previous conversations with Oceanwalker, but he was not treating Aeolous with any sort of contempt at the moment, perhaps there was a certain amount of respect. But nothing more than one would hold for a guest in his home.

He nodded at the next question and took the glass of water with a smile of thanks, "Yes, I make a living of it, in fact. Traveling and learning all that I can of this world and its inhabitants." He answered before taking a sip of the water, "Mm... the war is practically at a standstill. Reduced to skirmishes here and there throughout the land. The different creatures not involved, have found better places to hide to keep from being forced to join. Wizards are even fewer and farther between than before."

Last edited by Autruna on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 pm

His home was his haven, and he didn't, for the most part, enjoy having visitors into that haven, especially visitors that reminded him he was trapped in an underworld city, and had been for over a hundred years. He also specifically didnt like people disturbing his patient, and since both of these things had come at the same time, his resulting frosty greeting was somewhat understandable if one knew him to any degree. Oceanwalker did, which was why he had struck out at the one thing he knew would rile the wizard.

Of course today was just filled with disturbances to his home, and so he had just given up on trying to keep people out, since it seemed impossible, and had settled for the lesser of the evils, though if the dragon started trying to catalogue him like an unthinking species, it was likely the dragon would get told where to go, and it was not into one of the guest rooms.

Passing over a glass of water, he refilled his own and moved through to settle on one of the sofas. Listening to the other talk with obvious enthusiasm for his life, it was a bitter pill to take, knowing that that had been his life, mingling and travelling the roads of the earth, and now here he was, trapped and only able to learn of it from this watery prison from whatever grains of information was gifted to him with. Still, he kept his face impassive, he was good at that. Had to be, what with Oceanwalker around and willing to take whatever emotion he could wring out of the wizard at times.

"It is good the war is at a standstill" he said, and meant it. The war was ludicrous and selfish. He didnt like the gods for playing it out using the races of the world. He didn't like the dragons much for buying into it, of forcing the war on all the other races. They had lives to! "I am not surprised about other wizards being on the decline. It would be so much easier for your kind to wipe out all that do not worship you, all that do not share your view of the world. Why, having a set of people that have a little power and avoid your war as much as possible, well, that is just a rediculous notion." His voice was full of sarcasm. As much as he was trying to be a fair host to the dragon, it was difficult when this one, any one of the dragons had the freedom to do what they wanted and he and his kind, as any of the other races did not.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:58 pm

He nodded at the statement. "It is indeed good; however, it would be better for the war to come to an end. But until one wins or an agreement is reached, it will never end. The gods are eternal and will continue to use every resource they have to defeat the other. It is the way of pride."

He calmly sipped at his water while the wizard spoke, his distaste showing clearly in his tone and words. There was a lot to say in this matter. The wizard was the sort to jump to conclusions and generalize which was never the wisest in making a truly fair judgment.

"You speak as though you assume I believe all the world should be involved in our affairs. Understandably so. I am a dragon after all. However, I am first and foremost a scholar. What I write is the truth not a story made up to make my kind look good. In fact my written histories of many of the dragons I have met are ugly violent. More so than the other races of Synn. There is no doubt dragons are powerful creatures, but they are also arrogant, the gods knew this and created the Hotaru to combat them. The Hotaru are the only race known to be able to defeat a dragon in a one-on-one battle and come out unscathed. Wizards, while no doubt powerful are not the balance to dragons that was... is still needed. Your patient is of the race that is our true balance." He nodded in the direction of Hotaru, if he was still there and seated himself directly across from Arandur, "I must say though, I do appreciate your caring for him. As for right now, I am afraid all that can be done is to wait for the changes to run their course. You will see. Thanks to your efforts, he will be terribly strong upon his transformation."
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:37 pm

"The war to end, yes, but it would be imbalanced if one side won over the other." he said, watching the other. Hotaru was up at Oceanwalker's place, currently in physical battle, but he had no way of knowing that. He only knew that the other was not here, and neither was the sea dragon.

"Truth.. there is no such thing really as pure truth. It is alway tainted by those writing or speaking it. So much of truth comes from personal perception, but yes, from what I have heard, many dragons seem to be violent in one way or another. Others, like Oceanwalker are just content to spend centuries preening over their hoards.. whether that is gold and gems, or people. Of course you get an almost unique perspective coming into this glorified fish bowl to look at us. Perhaps you will still be here to see this transformation that Hotaru is going through. If he is as powerful as you say he will be, then you had better hope you stay well out of his way, for although I am embittered by my captivity here, he loathes dragons, loathes Oceanwalker more than most and it will be a slaughter if he is pressed beyond this supposed binding word the God put on him."

He took a sip from his glass, lapsing back into silence, though it was one of the silences that told much of his intent to speak once more, and in time he did. "What I particularly dislike from your kind is the assumed authority and superiority. All I hear of, other than yourself thus far, is the way other races are just used as and when dragons see fit. Thrown into war, slaughtered in thousands, even millions, we are captured, traded, put to work, used as spies, as weapons, as consumable goods. But almost never are we treated as beings in our own right, except of course we come under the benevolent eye of a dragon who singles us out as something special, something worthy of note. Why, we might actually be worth listening to then, worth considering we have a mind and a will, though of course if that is contrary to what the dragon wants, well, thats just life isn't it? How many dragons do you know, have you ever known to treat people of other races as trusted friends? Not servants, not slaves, not tools, but respected friends, advisors, without the overarching understanding that the dragon has, and always will be the greater of the two? How many of you have ever looked at a human, an orc, an elf and considered their feelings and acted on them even if they go contrary to a dragon's plan?

"No one has considered Hotaru's feelings. Not in all his long life. From what I gather, he has been made a tool, taught to be that tool, and unless the dragons of this side of the war are not careful, his humanity will be cut away completely and all that will be left is a blade without a handle. He knows warfare, and he knows killing, but he does not know the simple kindness of a gift without guidelines, debt or commands that go with it. It may well have been easy, simple and useful to treat other races like they are thoughtless currency, but if his humanity breaks, he might very well be the catalyst that stops the war by destroying everything around him if he becomes more powerful than he already is."
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:55 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The ground shook with the power exerted by the two battling. Their feet and bodies dug great gouges in the grass, attracting spectators who hovered safely out of range behind the nearest buildings. The fight was a mostly silent one, waged with fists, feet, and scowls rather than wasted words. Sweat made both bodies slick, and Thorn's towel had long since been discarded and forgotten.

Hotaru's illness was not so easily forgotten and fatigue set in quickly. He panted for breath, the spurt of anger-fueled energy fading as his muscles protested their misuse. His attacks slowed, and the number of hits decreased while the amount of receiving hits sliding under his guard increased. One miscalculation was one too many and he gasped as Thorn's spiral horn sliced the side of his hand from pinky finger to elbow.

He hit the ground hard, breath puffing out of his lungs with an "Ooompf!" as the dragon landed on his back, twisting his arms behind him. He twisted and lunged and kicked, but he was already dizzy from the fall, lack of air, and loss of blood on top of his body's weakness. Still, he continued to struggle until he passed out, swearing at the blue dragon vehemently with every wheezing breath.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:30 am

Oceanwalker snarled, the other was a talented fighter, and he sustained a few injuries of his own, but mostly, he fell into defense against the other's frenzied, infuriated attacks as he blindly pushed for the ground that Oceanwalker would not give him. It was unlikely that the Hotaru would win this round, purely because he was still tired from his illness, and his muscles were weak from disuse, it gave Oceanwalker an idea to return the Hotaru to full strength. All of these thoughts came to him while he fought the weakened creature, until he smelt blood and his eyes flashed brightly for a moment, a hot, intense red, like the heart of a volcano and he, for the first time, momentarily gave into the rage and went offensive, launching forward a series of calculated blows that sent the other spiralling away from him and he, Oceanwalker, pinning the Hotaru down with one hand a low, vicious snarl echoing in his ear as he held him down until he could feel the fight leave the body, and even then, it did not happen until the Hotaru submitted fully into unconsciousness.

He stood slowly, his eyes flashing hotly as he did so, fading back into the natural, far-seeing violet, the display of strength a show of what Oceanwalker had been before he ruled the city, before the city had been his, because he was indeed quite ancient, and it was only in the last two or three centuries that he'd come here, to this underwater place, that acted, not only as a prison for those down here, as some would believe, but as one to him as well, even though he covered such with arrogance and haughty loftiness and made himself a king, he still wished for a sky he could not keep.

He shook away his momentary melancholy and turned to one of the elves, "Return him to the healer." He said succinctly, already plotting on how to needle the Hotaru into another fight, maybe in a few days, and thus was how he would subtly return the other to his strength, oh Oceanwalker, he thought, you sly demon of a dragon, he walked back to his palace, leaving the towel where it had fallen during the fight as he returned to his palace beneath the waves.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am

His palace was cold when he returned to it, not that it was different than any other time he entered it, he didn't understand why he was so bitter sometimes. He'd noticed it, it was a wonder the other elves hadn't, or if they had they were being polite and ignoring it entirely, after all, he was a dragon, and dragons were not known, exactly, for their sensitivity in situations. Any situation, really. He grabbed a thin wrap, and wound it around his waist, before donning a large blue cloak that wrapped around his shoulders and covered his arms, trailing behind him lengthily as he made his way up to his secluded tower, the door swinging shut behind him. There was a yawning ache in him a kind of ache he filled with bed-partners and the unresisting flesh of handsome males, but the thought of that merely made him angry, he could not, would not stand for that at the moment. It made him snarl and bare his teeth.

His claws dug into the desk he now sat at, with half a mind to throw it across the room, he was practically boiling with this rage. His hands clenching as he whirled and started stalking, back and forth, across the the span of the tower before he sat, heavily, on the desk, his hands pulling on his horns slightly. What was wrong with him? He hadn't been this snappish in... years. He was calm. Cool. Collected.

It was the Hotaru that was giving him problems, rubbing his scales the wrong way. But why? He looked skywards, "This is your doing." He muttered agitatedly, glaring at the ceiling, and by way of generality, his god, what was he up to. While benevolent, his god was not always kind, some kind of punishment perhaps, or an ongoing one? He didn't know, whatever it was it was going to drive him to become further irate, more likely than not. He sighed irritably, knowing full well he wasn't going to get any answers from his god, god forbid he get any answers from the mysterious creature. God forbid indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Dragon Warz IC Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Warz IC Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next