Sins of the Flesh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Organisation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:34 am

I know its a contentious subject, but I was wondering whether the forum might have its format changed so that the rps other than the university are laid out differently.

I know that the forum has been set out to accomodate the future, but since our numbers have been relatively low for a relatively long time, might it not be better to streamline the number of sections involved either to each separate rp so that all the information about each rp is in the one place, and do away with the hooker spot etc. For instance:

Dragon Wars RP>
Topic: Dragon Wars RP OOC information
Topic: Dragon Wars RP OOC discussion
Topic: Dragon Wars RP Main Thread
Topic: Dragon Wars RP 'Adult quality time'/ Private rooms Thread
Circus RP>
Topic: Circus RP OOC information
Topic: Circus RP OOC discussion
Topic: Circus RP Main Thread
Topic: Circus RP 'Adult quality time'/ Private rooms Thread
Hephaestus Mining Station RP>
Topic: Hephaestus Mining Station RP OOC information
Topic: Hephaestus Mining Station RP OOC discussion
Topic: Hephaestus Mining Station RP Main Thread
Topic: Hephaestus Mining Station RP 'Adult quality time'/ Private rooms Thread
The Laughing Hyena RP>
Topic: The Laughing Hyena RP OOC information
Topic: The Laughing Hyena RP OOC discussion
Topic: The Laughing Hyena RP Main Thread
Topic: The Laughing Hyena RP 'Adult quality time'/ Private rooms Thread

I am aware that my way of thinking isn't everyone's here, but I just think it would be easier to navigate and keep track of the different stories, especially when checking back on facts on ooc, so you would only have to nip up to the main folder, instead of exiting one folder, going back to the main menu, going to the ooc folder etc, especially since the sections arn't actually entitled occ etc. But yeah, thats my idea. I don't mind doing the work if people want to impliment it.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

So are you suggesting something like subforums for each RP and keeping all the threads relating to it in one place? It makes sense to do it that way, more convenient. It would require splitting threads though... certainly doable though. I'm gonna leave the final decision up to the RP creators, Dark and wulff though.

Speaking of the university, I need to finish the information I'm working on. Poor RP, hopefully we can it back up and running.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Even if the ooc discussion and ooc information were left together it would be cool, I just thought it would be more player friendly that way.

The university, yeah, I have been incredibly lax on posting for that, though my characters were kinda out on a limb, what with being in the libary, and then my other main character stuck with wulff's char on the tour.. and there is only so much I can play duncan before i get bored.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Well once I get the classes blocked out and posted we should be able to move on. We're probably gonna jump to the end of the tour and head back to the dining hall for lunch and the students can get signed up for their classes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I like the idea of collapsing some of the folders. Maybe one for all of the IC threads, one for the OOC, and one for the xxx? Don't know if I care for putting all the threads together, though. Seems like that would be just as cumbersome ... just in a different way. alien
Back to top Go down
http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Wraith
A Little Sinful
Wraith

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:20 am

There's a simple way of telling when a thread has been posted to. Simply check your email, or check the "Watch this thread" link. That way, when new posts come up a link is sent (straight to said post) and you can view it easily.

Either idea is viable though. I would suggest because of the low number of threads and players, if Wulff wants to do something, putting all of the together in the same forum would be good. Splitting into subforums I think can get a little messy. An issue with having split folders for the RPs is that if another RP is created; say by me; then I would have to forward information on what subfolders I would want so an admininstrator could make them for me. And depending on their schedule - that could take some time.

Plus, if you've got the latest browser, there's always the 'open in new tab' option where you have multiple windows up that you can check on by refreshing them if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://illusionvale.forumotion.com
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks to whomever sorted out the organisation.

Would it be terrible to ask if maybe the university sections got moved below the other sections since its kinda on hold and the other's aren't. Not a big deal, but would be neat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Organisation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Organisation   Forum Organisation Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Organisation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sins of the Flesh :: Sinner's Coffer :: Outside-
Jump to: