Sins of the Flesh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next day please!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:58 am

Look, I know that people have been busy, but we first started posting on the forum on the 3rd of April.. it is now the 20th of JUNE and we are still on the same day as when we started on the uni thread.

Since this is not my forum, I have been waiting for some divine or admin gesture to let us more onwards to the next day, but it does not seem to be coming, so I am asking now, please can we move on! Nothing is going to happen with the uni thread if we are stuck on the same day from now until eternity.

On the same note, I am worried about player interactions with so many different 'rooms' in the forum. Initially I thought it was a good plan, but with all of us in separate dorms that people of other dorms cannot enter, and all the different places, actually interacting with each other is going to be minimal. We simply do not have enough players to upkeep this level of separation and the uni threads to continue as is.

We only really have four active players, Me, Dark, Wulff and Autruna, and even then, it can be days without anyone posting. I am fine with there being only a small number of us, but even with multiple players, I think something needs to be done to bring the characters together more. Even just putting everyone into ONE dorm would be a start. At least then they could all interact in the common room together, or knock on each other's doors.

Since the other three of you are admin/moderators, its up to you on what to do, but since no one else has really mentioned these points much, I figured I would offer mine.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:05 pm

You're right, we should move on and find either a plot point or play with the setting a bit to encourage more interaction among student, otherwise the plans wulff and I have for the uni's future will never come into play. 0.0 And that would be a sad thing indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 am

I was thinking about the dorm thing, and perhaps some modifications could be made to the areas to make it so all dorms had one common room, not one in each, but each dorm backed onto the main student common room. This would allow for greater student interaction, since we have so few players.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 am

I don't know about that, since the Dorms are all separate, but the Main Campus of the school has what we call a Student Center. This is an area next to the classrooms for the students to gather. Most American universities have these. The one I'm currently at has two.

For example, the one here has a small gym, with a couple racketball courts, aerobics room, and a multi-purpose basketball/volleyball court. There's a 'game area' where they've got fooseball, air hockey, pool, and table tennis, another section with smaller rooms you can reserve (I've seen table-top RPGs in there), a small food area, lounge, and study area. That's right next to the campus radio station and the copy center.

When I described the grounds, I said the Student Center was the building that held both the entrance hall and the dining room, and it would make sense that the class registration offices would be nearby as well. I'd imagine there's also a large space of some kind that can be decorated and used to hold dances.
Back to top Go down
http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 pm

I know you posted the dorms as separate, but what you are suggesting here is making yet another posting area on top of all the dorms, the separate common rooms, the dining room, the entrance hall and suchlike, which is kinda against what I was trying to say.

I don't see how we can sustain having so many rooms when no one is posting, and if people do post, they are going to be in so many different areas of the university that they never meet except for these mythical classes.

I am aware that you have written the other dorms as being quite the separates, but editing a little so that their buildings backed onto one main one that held a general common room with different parts within it .. ie the area nearest the water dorm could have the pool, the bit nearest the earth dorm could be the more study and quiet chatting area, the area near air dorm could have a large decked area extending outside etc

I was going to post for my character Ash, who is always up at dawn, but realised that to get anywhere we currently have on the forum that is general for everyone to be in, he would have to get out of bed, and leave his room, move through the corridors and through the earth dorm common room, out into the main area of the school and past classrooms and such, to go to.. the dining room, which may well be locked at this time of day. Not being from America, I had never heard of a 'student centre'. It just isn't called that here, and is set up differently. But anyway, this trip for Ash, even with the knowledge of the student centre, would currently require me to post on at least 3 threads just to get to a potentially locked room. Am I the only one that thinks this system is a little crazy when no one else is really around to post?

Other than the closing and entering of the new day, the last person to post on the forum was me and Nightmare.. who has already left (nakedsnake has left as well because the forum was so slow.. batneko has never posted, and doubtfully ever will), before that the last person to post was Dark on the 26th of May.. a whole month ago. I know that changing the dorms so there is a direct place where people can get up and go to to mingle with other students will require a little editing of the room descriptions, but surely that is better than the wasteground that this forum has become. Is it such a stretch to make the 'student centre' the dorm common room that I speak of? What is to stop the dorms from having one dedicated corridor (or in air dorm's case a path) that leads from the dorm rooms to the mixed common room ?
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious
Dark

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:42 pm

I don't think it's a stretch at all. In fact, I think we're talking about the same thing here. As there are tunnels connecting the main buildings, I don't see why we can't include some kind of Student Hall or Center as well, with direct access to/from the dorms. I'll check with the other two about setting up something.

Done!
Back to top Go down
http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Sponsored content

Next day please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next day please!!!   Next day please!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Next day please!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sins of the Flesh :: Northwood University :: Off Grounds- The OOC-
Jump to: