Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dragon Warz IC Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:25 pm

"Hubris of the gods as it is, a balanced end to the war is not one we can look forward to." This conversation was proving to a most... educating experience. Rude though he could be, Arandur was an intelligent one. Aeolous was finding himself glad to speak with the wizard and he listened intently to the other's words, sheer contentment radiating from his features.

"If it is determined that I am to die by the hotaru's hands, then I am prepared to accept that fate. Especially if it means I will witness the birth of a legendary being." The serious tone of his words were offset by the twinkle of excitement in his eyes and the grin pulling at his lips. It wasn't that he was at all excited to accept death. No, all that Aeolous could think of was what a great opportunity and honor it would be to blessed with seeing such a rare event.

He sipped his water, an expectant silence circling them until Arandur spoke again. A smile slipped through as he listened to the wizard's words. "You have more compassion than you care to show, Arandur. Hotaru is lucky to have one such as yourself on his side. While I am ashamed to admit it, I have been guilty on a number of occasions of using others merely as subjects to study. Although, I am sure you know this already..." He opened his mouth to continue speaking, but was cut-off by a loud knock on the door.

"Master Arandur!" A voice called through the door, "It's Hotaru! He got in a fight with Lord Oceanwalker and lost. You've been asked to see to his wounds."

Aeolous looked to Arandur at those words. Once Hotaru was inside and Arandur seeing to him, Aeolous would take his leave, allowing the healer to work in peace, while he went to the palace, to learn what happened from Oceanwalker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:01 pm

<<Hotaru>>

Hotaru woke to Arandur's familiar, scowling face. He almost smiled; he started to, but then stopped. Resolutely, he turned his head to the side, hiding tears of frustrated despair behind his eyelids.

Let me go, he said into the silence of his mind. I beg you: release me. Whether for death or freedom, Hotaru could not say, and in any case it made no difference. There was no reply.

He woke a second time to hunger and thirst and the gritty, grimy feeling of having gone too long without bathing. Normally, such things didn't bother him, but he had nothing else with which to occupy his mind. Muscles sore from disuse followed by overexertion stiffened as Hotaru rose from his bed and entered the bathing chamber. The water in the tub was hot and steaming and made him groan with satisfaction.

Submerging completely before sitting up again, he picked up a bar of soap and began to scrub. There was something funny, however, in the feel of the soap against his skin, somehow more sensitive and dulled at the same time. Pausing, he grabbed the copper ladle and poured fresh water over his head to rinse off the suds. He swished his hands in the water, grimacing as he clicked his fingernails together. They were as long as one of his knuckles now, hard and clacking together like glossy, volcanic rock.

There was an itch on the back of one elbow. Relief flowed up his arm as Hotaru scratched, followed by uneasiness. There was something pushing up under his fingernails, clingy and rubbery. He wanted to believe it was just hair, but he knew it wasn't. What dangled from his nails were strips reminiscent of pasta, but thinner and curling up at the edges. Only then did he look at his arm.

"Arandur!" called Hotaru, springing from the tub with a great splash of water. He slipped and slid on the slick floor, unconsciously flexing his toes to stay balanced and digging gouges in the floor with the claws growing on his toes.

Modesty was the last thing on his mind as he fled the chamber. "Arandur!"

Patches of shiny scales not unlike his fingernails covered Hotaru's skin in irregular spots where friction or scratching had peeled the skin away.

Panic churned beside his dragon senses, completely disorienting Hotaru. He needed to find the healer, and quick! He was turning into a lizard -- a snake! He needed help, and the elf was the only one he could trust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:53 am

He had helped the guy as best he could after the dragons had left. His home was silent again, his haven that was becoming busier than the palace itself. He sighed. At least he was alone now with his patient. It would take further time for the male to heal now, though looking at him, looking at the scales that were now peeking through the skin in places, unmistakable scales, he would not be surprised if the healing was increased once the body was finished transforming. The guy was a mess, though he didn't doubt that Oceanwalker had taken some hits to, and that pleased him. The dragon thought too much of himself and his position.

It was at this point that the man stirred. He could no longer think of him as Hotaru, for that clearly was not a name, but a race if the scholar was to be believed. Still, the healing was taking its toll on the both of them, and he was once more asleep, leaving him to deal with the remainder of the cuts and bruising, and any broken bones he might have.

Over the next couple of days he would care for the man as best he could, washing off the dead skin and revealing some more patches of scales. They were beautiful in their own way, but a reminder of the potential hazard within the compound. After all, if what was said was to be true, and he went on a rampage, it was unlikely any of them would survive. Still, he could not turn his back on him, and not because some conniving dragon god told him to. No. Because his morality and common decency demanded it.

He left him once he could feel the other beginning to rouse towards consciousness once more, filling the bath, for he was in little doubt that the lush warm water would be welcome after nothing but bed baths for two days.

It was when his name was bellowed out some half an hour later, a sound that came across more scared than angry that he hurried upstairs, holding some towels for the other, that he saw the more glorious extent to which the man had changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:02 am

<<Hotaru>>

"Arandur." The name was a breath, a prayer, on Hotaru's lips, but instead of helping calm the rising panic, the tempo spiraled higher as more words fell out of his mouth.

He hurried over to the healer once Hotaru saw him, holding out his palms beseechingly. "Help me! I'm a monster!" His gait was off-balance from the spikes growing on his heels and the elongated claws on his toes. His back hurt, and now that he was up and conscious and aware, the urge to scratch and claw at his skin was almost unbearable.

He clawed at his arm, vainly trying to smooth the curling skin back along the irregular patches of black, but the skin only peeled further under the assault. When he was close enough, Arandur would be able to see that the whites of Hotaru's eyes were now mostly black, as if the color of his iris had leeched into the rest.

"Please, Arandur. You can help me, I know you can!"
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:44 am

He would hear the relief and all the other things in the man's voice at seeing him, and he had the sinking feeling that the other would assume that he could in some way help. He was a healer after all, and many assumed his skills would therefore extend into the realms of necromancy if needed, which was assuredly untrue.

He would take the other's hands as he came to him, and it was difficult to know what to say. He had become accustomed to what the other was becoming while the other was clearly anything but happy and content with his lot. That might change, for he could surely not help as the other seemed to think he needed. He didn't delve into changing a person's entire physical make-up after all.

He guessed this might come, considering how against dragons the other was, it was just a case of letting him see the better sides to this deal, a deal that he was stuck with either way. He had once been surprised at how often he ended up doing counselling as well as healing, but he was no longer surprised, it seemed as much a part of his job as any, when he couldn't heal things that people disliked about themselves.

"As many times as I have bathed you in the last couple of days, I would prefer you wrapped one of these around you. Then we will talk." he said, handing the naked and stressed male a towel with a small smile, trying to take the edge off the other's panic by something mundane. He would turn the other around and lead him back into the room, to one of the seats there, already seeing the evidence of the other's itchiness from the way he moved, twitching with the need to take the exterior skin off while not wanting to either.

"Well here is what I know" he said, moving to get a glass and fill it, offering some water to the other, as much to take his mind off scratching than anything if he had something in his hands, before getting one from himself. "I spoke with the dragon scholar.. oh what's his name?" he puzzled over this a moment before discarding the question with a wave of his hand as being currently unimportant. "Anyway, he had some interesting things to say, but I would stress that you are not a monster, well.. your actions can be seen by some as monsterous, true, but apparently what is happening is actually quite normal, if unusual. I have sensed this myself." he said, using some of his healing skills to keep the other's adrenaline down and a little to keep his muscles relaxed. He could do that without touching, though it was a drain on him after the healings.

"If we look at your life thus far. Your life, like mine, does not include worshipping the very ground dragons walk upon, which is unusual to say the least. Indeed, your own life unlike my own has led you to be extremely good at killing dragons. No matter how much training someone might have had, the number they say you have killed exceeds what any human, elf, or other common race might be able to do. But this is what you have chosen to do, perhaps with help it is true. But knowing the body like I do, through my gift, I can tell you that what is going on in your body is not unnatural, though it is currently uncomfortable and .. disconcerting for you" he changed the word frightening, though it was clearly true, not wanting to put the man's back up any more than was necessary. "Your body is.. well, evolving to a stronger and more resilient form, one that will certainly help you in doing what you choose to do in life."

He would reach out, and, as long as the other allowed him to, he would take his hand and turn it over, "These nails are now stronger than they were before, and if you sharpened them, they would likely be just as useful as any dagger. Here" he said, showing the patch of scales that were showing clearly on his forearm "the scales are still developing, but these ones here have had time to harden a little more than the rest, and will become just as hard as your nails are, I would have thought. Consider what it would be like fighting without the weight and restriction of armour." He would bend the elbow, running his knowledgeable fingers down to the end of the elbow where there was a spike growing "And your body is giving you defensive weapons as well, better able to gouge into your opponent if you find yourself compromised in position." He let the other go, and sat back in his chair, considering his words a moment before continuing.

"No matter what they say, you are not a dragon. I have healed Oceanwalker enough to know that. Your body is giving you the weapons and attributes to best serve your desires. You once lived your life to kill dragons with flesh that was easily cut and bruised, bones that were easily broken, a body that almost froze to death in the weather, but once your body has become what it always was going to, because as far as I can glean from your body's workings, it was, you will be glorious." he said, a smile spilling over his lips, one that was not filled with snide deception, but allowing the other to see the potential joys of such a body.

"You will have the tools to do what you want, ones that will stand without trouble against any foe you pit yourself against, ones that will back you up so your voice is heard. Your life is changing, it is true, but think on this: this will give you choices to do what you wish. From what I was told, only those of your race could stand up to dragons and win time after time. You have been doing it for years, centuries perhaps, I do no know, but now.. now you can choose your own destiny perhaps for none will be able to stand against you when you reach your potential. Perhaps not even the dragon gods will be able to stop you, I do not know. What I am trying to say is that these changes can be to your advantage. Great advantage. They are disconcerting to you because they remind you of the thing you hate, but you are not like them. What you have gives you potentially a great deal of power. What you do with it is up to you, but I would advise against despising and hating it. Were I of a nature like yours, given to the urge to fight, I would welcome such a thing. Your body is making itself stronger."

"Now, I would say you need to decide while here, what it is you want your life to be like. You have been peddled from one of these gods to the other, given into the urges to kill that served their needs as well as your own. Take this time to come to terms with who you are, find yourself, find your name and what you want to do with your life, with your future, not what they want of you. Very few ever get the chances you do. Grasp them. Not all of us are that lucky." He smiled a little sadly, but recovered a short moment later. "Actually, once you buff those up, they will look like any well-fitting armour I bet, which is exactly what they are. I cannot 'cure' you of this, because it is what your body is naturally predisposed to do."

He would stand, taking his glass of water with him. "I left some powder in a small bag in the bathroom marked with a purple dot on it. If you add two pinches to your bathing water it will help ease the itching."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:02 pm

<<Hotaru>>

He accepted the towel without thinking, and a small part of him was amused at the healer's modesty. The rest of him, however ...

"Normal?" he croaked, digging his claws into the still-soft scales on his forearm and drawing blood. "You call this normal?!" The individual scales were only about as large as his -- well, as large as his fingernails used to be and he couldn't get a good enough grip to rip them right out.

"I kill dragons. I don't want to be one!"

The glass pressed into his hands forced Hotaru to stillness. He caught himself rubbing his back along the chair's support while the healer was talking and stopped himself with a scowl and jerking scoot forward to sit on the very edge, but he couldn't sit still for long, rising to slam the glass down, sloshing water over the brim, and pacing furiously. Arandur's calm and matter-of-fact-ness grated on Hotaru's nerves. He wanted to scream and shout and break things, but such a display would be nothing but juvenile theatrics in the eyes of the elf. Plus, this was the healer's home, and Hotaru had just enough respect for Arandur (and self-respect) to abstain, if only barely.

He listened and while he was appreciative of Arandur's logic, he was neither amused nor satisfied. Some advantage. He was a slave to a God not his own, shackled to a dragon he wanted badly to kill while imprisoned underwater.

"The Gods are absolute," he ventured to say at one point, shaking his head at Arandur's optimism. Despite his inner anxiety and frustration, Hotaru had calmed, crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly as he stood there staring down at the elf.

He said nothing more except to remark, in a grouchy undertone, regarding the powder, "Yeah, I'll bet. Good for taking the rest of my skin off, no doubt."

A few minutes later, Hotaru dumped the powder into his re-filled bath, scowling into the depths as he watched the medicine dissolve.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 pm

((Rp'd earlier w Dark.))

Thorn paced frustratedly, his hands clenching angrily, he didn't know what was going on, turbulently beneath his skin. He was agitatedly, it was obvious, in his movements, in his 'blank' face, in his snarls and hisses as he sat down, heavily, in his chair. Angrily he swept the crystal ball off his desk and watched with some relief to his frustrations, as it shattered across the floor, his purple eyes delighting in the destruction for a moment before he sat back, his hands rubbing his temples for a moment.

The fit of anger attracted the attention of Tezcacoatl, Sovereign of the Sky Realm, Master of the Wind, and ruler of all winged creatures.  He cast his eye upon Murwell, the underwater city of Elves where Kagarithorn, the draconic guardian, indulged in a fit of rage.  That was somewhat to be expected, given the burden pressed into his care; however, now that he was reminded of the situation, the Lord of Dragons saw fit to remind his servant of his duties.

*Thou art supposed to /heal/ the dragonling, Kagarithorn.*  His voice, spoken aloud in the empty room, was thick with amusement.

He snarled, baring his teeth at the invisible being, "Thou art supposed to /guide/ me oh great one, Lord Tezcacoatl." He replied sarcastically, glowering at the nothingness that his god currently inhabited. *Insufferable god.*

*Reduced to deprecations?* Tezcacoatl observed. *Interesting. However,* he continued in a more business-like tone, *thy cannot fail in this task. What information have thee learned from the dragonling?*

Thorn growled softly, "Nothing that you haven't driven me to." He mumbled, leaning back in the chair, "I cannot fail, hah, I cannot fail indeed." He sighed his eyes darkening, "No, nothing, he's been recovering and he hates me, with good reason, I've not exactly been pleasant to him, not that he really deserves it." He harrumphed, "I don't suppose you've been meddling in things again? Have some sort of divine cootchie-coo just to mess with my life? Or is that beyond your caring? I forget sometimes." He said, glancing to the nothing again, "I? I have learned nothing other than he wishes me dead and does not wish to serve any higher calling, you'd be better off talking to Arandur or Aeolus." He growled, "Why don't you make them your loyal servants." He snarled.

*This is not a game!* the Dragonlord thundered, making crockery and wall hangings tremble. *Thou and thy stubborness, Kagarithorn. Find out what needs be known, by whatever methods thy dost need devise, but use haste. The dragonling is not to be harmed. His part has yet to be paid.*

He snarled, hissing at the dragonlord, lowering his head in some small form of submission. "My and my stubbornness apparently, are all you have." He hissed softly, "Fine, I'll do what I can, but I will not promise no harm, he's a disrespectful wretch, not unlike, a certain wizard that I keep around because he has a pretty face. Why do I even bother?" He snarled.

*The Hotaru,* said the Dragonlord patiently, *were ever irreverent. Do what thy will; however, the Time of Awakening approaches and all shall be lost shouldst thy ancient forbears return. Thy leisure is but temporary, Kagarithorn. Be thee wary.*

"Time of Awakening?" He narrowed his eyes, "Something's happening, isn't it? Something big. Something you're not telling us lesser dragons." He said softly, standing, his claws dragging along the top of the desk, "Ancient forbears?" He didn't like the sound of that, "My god," He said softly, "My god, whilst I may not be thy most... pious of followers, I still respect thee a little enough that I would ask thee to keep an eye over my city and its inhabitants, even if I be not here to care for it." He finally said, taking on his gods affectation of speech.

*My child,* said the Dragonlord, and his tone was affectionate, *seek thee advice from thy friend Aeolus. Success in this, thy task, shall ensure the safety of thy city. The dragonling I entrust to thee, Kagarithorn.* And with that the powerful, invisible presence in the room vanished.

"My friend." he said softly, sighing, "Advice? I don't understand." He shook his head, he was Kagarithorn Oceanwalker, he did not need advice from anyone. He sighed, "Why?" He said, "Why not someone else?" He leaned against his arm and pressed a hand over his eyes, picking up a vase and throwing it across the room, watching it shatter, and sighing, "Damn." He hissed, "I like that vase." He turned from his room, stepping down from the tower, moving down the stairs, and tying a long sash around his waist as he went down, "Fetch for me Aeolus, and... and... bring to me the Hotaru, and bring me Arandur!" He snarled, glowering at the elves who hesitated, "Now!!" He thundered, it had been a few days since he and the Hotaru had fought, and part of him itched to light into him again. He sighed and sat on his throne, leaning on an arm, his elbow digging into it as he set his chin into his fist, his other hand tapping impatiently, his horns brushing the top of the low back of the chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm

He would sigh. "As far as I can tell, from the way Oceanwalker's body is, in both forms, this is not what you are becoming. Since he is what you would call a dragon, this is not it. You are not the same." he said, trying to calm the other with what talent he had to relax the muscles and suppress the adrenaline.

As the other said about the dragon gods, he would shake his head. "Now, that is one thing I will openly disagree on. They are not absolute to me and never have been. I do not hold by the things that are drilled into most from before they can speak. The land, the waters, the air.. nature is the closest thing that I would incline my head to saying I served, but that is not the dragon gods, or, as far as I can tell, any gods since we are led to believe that only the two gods exist. In any case, I do not serve them, and I do not think they are absolute." He was firm on this point, though it was not a subject that he spoke on generally. It was a dangerous subject, especially when there was the dragon around.. one that was only too happy to continue the worship since he seemed tied to the god. Well Arandur was not, and never intended on being so.

His expression softened a bit with a smile at the comment on the powder. "Your superficial skin is coming off rapidly now anyway. Nothing I can do will halt that, no more than I can stop people getting old." He turned his head at the knock at the door. "Ill call you down when supper is ready". he said before turning and closing the door once more behind him before heading down the stairs to the door.

Brushing out the wrinkles in his robes, he would straighten his expression and open the door, seeing a slightly harried elf there, one of the messengers from the palace. Well.. he inwardly sighed, he guessed that he hadn't expected Oceanwalker to wait too much longer before sending someone.

"You will have to send Oceanwalker my regrets. Hotaru's body did not take well to the beating given to him, and has relapsed badly. He cannot be moved at the moment." Damn, should he go? Both of them not going would only ignite Oceanwalker's anger more. "I will come, but I cannot leave him for too long. I must return within an hour, two at the most. Please give me a few moments to gather my outer robes and see to my patient then I will go to the palace directly."

He left the messenger to scurry away, and he hurried upstairs, calling through Hotaru's door "I have to head up to the palace for a bit. Ill be back soon.. hopefully. Don't answer the door to anyone, your sick and unable to be moved." He waited till he got a response confirming the other had heard, then headed downstairs again.

Grabbing his over-robes, he pulled them on, pausing by the mirror to check his reflection before heading out, locking the door behind him. He didn't have keys, but he could use his telekenetic power for that at least. He walked quickly up to the palace, internally ranting about being ordered about like a common servant. Usually he wouldn't bother to go, but he had promised his patient time, and he had to buy that time now, so the other could heal, not only in body, but enough in mind to function properly.

He would be shown in and he saw Oceanwalker there, looking rather irritated. "You requested my presence? Has someone been hurt?" he asked, his tone making it clear that he considered this to be a worthy reason to be so commanded from his home, perhaps the only reason. "My other patient is not well enough to be moved, or receive visitors at the moment, and was unable to accompany me here despite your request, especially since you both end up fighting every time you meet. His health has declined significantly." He had no need to fake his dissapproval, but kept showing it to a minimum, just enough to be noticed, not enough to provoke the other hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:36 am

He looked up as Arandur came in, perfect, the guaranteed man who would trample on his nerves, he just knew Arandur's disrespect would just rub him the wrong way. He pressed his fingers against his forehead, his claws scratching slightly at his skin. He sat up, sighing, his nerves were twanging, the visit from his god had already frayed his very delicate temper. "Arandur, where is the Hotaru?" He asked cooly, his voice like ice as his eyes flashed a bit over the elf.

When the other told him that Hotaru would not be attending, he bared his teeth, "What do you mean?" He asked, standing and stalking towards the other, moving like a hunter, his eyes turning dark, "No, no one's been hurt." Except for the elf, who may require another healer if he didn't tread cautiously at the moment, "Your other patient." He scoffed, he pivoted on the balls of his feet, pacing slightly, the trail of the cloth around his waist fluttering as he flexed his hands, clenching them tightly. He held his tongue when the other dared talk down to him about his fight, "Oh, because he's so poor, and so very pathetic." He muttered agitatedly. He was going to break more things when he got back to someplace silent.

Lately finding that quiet place inside was more and more difficult, it becoming further elusive so he could find no further peace in his mind. He glowered at Arandur before he swallowed his ire and he was cool again, "You will speak to the Hotaru." He said to the other, "You will speak to him, and you will get from him, information about the dragon's dark god, and any information about what he is planning, or was planning with the Hotaru." He held up a hand to stave off protests, "You will do this, because if you don't you will find that I will not only make your life a living hell, Arandur, I will make certain you will never see the surface world again." He said cooly, "However, if you do this for me, I will take you topside to see the sun and all its subjects, and I may even let you wander a little with an escort." He said softly, his eyes glittering, something he'd never allowed the other to do in the time he'd been there.

He growled and stalked back to the throne, his claws scraping at the crystal of the chair, scratching a bit, "Leave me now." He said, he had one more guest to 'entertain', since the Hotaru was not coming.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 pm

He would see the look on the other's face as he came in, and knew from experience that the dragon's temper was close to the surface. He had to tread lightly, though the fact that it was he who had been called from his home and therefore stood before the other was really the dragon's own fault.

He stiffened when Oceanwalker spoke down to him like that. "I can assure you, Lord Oceanwalker, that my skills in detecting illness, and treating them have not declined. And he is very hurt." His voice was matter-of-fact, though in all honesty he wanted to rip into the other just a bit about his attitude. But no, he had a responsibility to his patient. He had promised him time, and he knew well that when Oceanwalker was pushed the situation would only get worse. So he held his tongue as well as he could.

However, the shock of such a demand from the dragon nearly loosened his tongue. The fury of his outrage at such a request was likely seen in his eyes. It was totally unethical! But he was not insensible to the carrot the other dangled before him. Not insensible until those last three words were tacked on. With an escort. He turned before Oceanwalker could see the blazing fury in his eyes, letting the dragon think that he was struggling internally between his duty and the carrot.

How could he do this? How could he profess to just have outmanoeuvred him in their bargain all those years ago, and now, in this heated moment let slip his true feelings. Oceanwalker thought of him as a possession, and sure he had known that, for dragons were known hoarders, but he had thought it different with him. He had believed, perhaps foolishly, that once he was on the surface again, he would be able to walk away unless he was fool enough to fall for another of the dragon's deals. Their deal was over, after all, and had been for over a century, only an ocean of water kept him from moving on. But no, clearly it was Oceanwalker himself that did so and not his own naivety. That naivety was being stripped back now, as quickly as the skin fell from the Hotaru's body. How dare Oceanwalker think of him as he did those other mindless elves that did what he bidded without thought?! He didn't serve Oceanwalker, and he wasn't a slave!

He had to control himself, but by nature, it was difficult. He raged with all the pent-up frustration of those years of captivity. His aura gave him away a little though he tried to control it in his emotional state, things in the room swaying slightly, but again, it could be put down to the fact that he had such a decision, and he was very ethical when it came to his patients.

He wanted to shout at the dragon, demand answers, though the answer he had got, unthinkingly from the other seemed more than enough. But he had to think of his patient. Now, perhaps more than ever, he wanted to help the man who -could- break free of this, and to do that, he had to buy time. Riling up the dragon would not buy time, it would take it away.

"I will speak to him, when he is awake." he said. He didn't bother to turn when Oceanwalker told him to leave, merely walked to the door and left. Better he not give the dragon a chance to see the true feelings in his eyes.

The dragon, of whom he had sometimes grown fond, in his own way, had just cut him deeper than he had to the Hotaru. Well, if the dragon (he refused to think of the name, he was so angry) wanted to play games with words, he could do that. He had had over a century to learn from the best after all. He would speak to his patient when he was awake.. but then, he hadn't specified which time he was awake, nor had he agreed to share anything he found out. This thought allowed him some calm, some purpose.

He walked back home, stopping only to pick up some extra foods to cook for dinner. It was a relief when he finally stepped into his own home and closed the door, hearing the lock snick into place and the calm and normality of the place surround him. He stood there for a few moments, his eyes closed as he struggled to calm himself. Anger was not a good thing to bring into a healing home. After a few deep breaths, he moved to the kitchen and started to deal with dinner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:57 am

Instead of returning to his room, Aeolous has chosen to give himself a tour of Murwell. Considering the state of the Hotaru when he'd been taken to the healer, he was sure Oceanwalker was in no mood to entertain. So he chose instead to take mental notes of how the elven folk here lived their lives. He found the elves much more willing to allow him to observe and answered his questions more willingly than the wizard or the hotaru. Although those two were a touch biased as they were rather prejudiced against dragons and the elves worshiped them. The contrast was such that comparison would be unfair to both sides.

It was many hours before he returned to his room in Oceanwalker's palace having learned many things and itching to record it all. It was during this time that he was informed that Lord Oceanwalker had summoned him. The poor elf appeared winded, perhaps from rushing all over town, only to catch up with him back at the palace. Aeolous offered the elf a smile and a pat on the back.

"I must retrieve something from my room, but I will see your master shortly." The messenger nodded and rushed off again. Aeolous watched him for a moment, wondering what Thorn may have to speak with him about. When he reached his room, grabbed only his notes on the hotaru and left immediately. He would record his new information at a later time. He arrived soon after Arandur, but did not enter after the wizard. He waited until Arandur have left, appearing quite peeved.

He cautiously approached and knocked twice on the door before poking his head in. "You summoned me, Oceanwalker?" He stated, watching the blue dragon carefully, he was already on edge without him stepping on any toes.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The water smelled funky with the added powder, but after gazing at it suspiciously for a long while, Hotaru stepped in. As Arandur had proclaimed it would, the itchy sensation faded almost at once, making Hotaru sigh in contentment. He stayed in the water, submerged with only his nose and mouth above the surface, until he heard the healer return. Curiosity aroused, he climbed out of the cooling waters and picked up a drying towel.

The itch came back with a vengeance and Hotaru's claws had shredded the thick cloth before he realized what he'd done. Panic surged through him and for a second he froze ... and just let the scraps fall, and the anger and fear along with them. Arandur would understand, wouldn't he? He seemed to know everything. Comforting himself that 'he was the Dragonslayer' and 'nobody questions the Dragonslayer' didn't seem to be of much comfort at all; for the first time in his recollection, Hotaru worried about what another person might think of him.

He was more careful with the second towel, but it didn't seem to matter. Only this time as he watched the scraps float down to the floor, he noticed something hanging off his back. He grabbed and yanked -- and yelped as the piece of skin tore off at the bottom. Scowling at the strip, which looked entirely too much like a snakes' shed skin for his personal comfort, Hotaru swore darkly.

Padding over to a mirror, he tried not to stare too critically, but he was turning into a gods-be-blasted lizard! There were more patches of dull, black scales showing now and --

"Fuck!" He was going bald!

He only barely restrained himself from smashing the mirror with his fist, because he saw something else in the mirror's reflection. There was another mirror nearby and it took a bit of twisting and crouching and maneuvering, but Hotaru was finally able to get a better look.

He stared and he stared and he stared.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 am

He heard the curse when he was in the middle of preparing the dinner, and after a moment's hesitation, he washed his hands and headed up the stairs. He was still angry, but being back in his home had soothed him enough to appear himself again.

Knocking lightly, he entered where the Hotaru was crouched and staring into a mirror. One careful glance showed him exactly what the other was so fixated upon. Ah.. oh dear, that probably wouldn't be going down well. Yet another stresser. Instead of commenting, he would move around, picking up the bits of toweling and settling them aside before clearing up the bits of dead skin off the floor as well, leaving the room to put them in the waste before returning.

"You think you are up to helping me with dinner?" he asked, offering the other a distraction, and perhaps an ever so slight reminder that he was in another's home and hadn't yet helped with much except shredding toweling. "You can help me chop the vegetables." he said, gathering up the shreds of towel. They could be sewn back together to be a bit useful for something he was sure. "You want something to wrap around yourself?" he asked, moving to one of the cupboards and taking out a short sarong and would just tie it in place without waiting for an answer.

It was strange, he thought, as he moved away to the stairs and towards the kitchen once more, letting the other stay or go as he chose. Here he was, waiting on the Hotaru much like the elves did for the dragons. He smiled a little, aware that he looked after all his patients, no matter what they looked like. It was nothing. He wasn't like the subservient elves in the colony here, never had been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

<<Hotaru>>

He started at the knock on his door, staring at Arandur when he entered, not sure what to do or say. His eyes darted around the disheveled room, with the ... discarded skin, the rags that used to be towels, the water and blood ... and a flush colored Hotaru's cheeks. But he couldn't say anything; nothing would come out, and he didn't know what to say. The Dragonslayer apologized for nothing. Hotaru didn't remember those kinds of courtesies, wasn't sure if he'd ever even learned them.

"Um," he said hesitantly -- shly, if the word could be applied to him. He turned, gesturing to his back. "Spiky things. What is it?" His shoulderblades were massive now, two or three times their normal size, and poking out of the skin like, but unlike the spikes growing on elbows and heels. These spikes weren't really spikes at all, only smooth bumps about the size of Hotaru's fist The soft, dull black scales around the base of the spikes were jagged and split and more growths or protuberances could be glimpsed moving just beneath the skin of Hotaru's back.

He let the healer dress him stoically; it was strange, coming from the elf, but Hotaru was used to people waiting on him. The garment was rather odd, but nice. Again odd, because the texture was soft and smooth against his skin, but made him itchy; and the scales caught on the fabric, feeling rather like a tickle (although Hotaru had never been tickled, he just knew that the sensation was weird).

He seized on the opportunity to help with dinner gratefully, because that was something he at least could talk about. Spending so much time alone, traveling, had taught him how not to starve, but the list of things he could make on the road was limited. And it got him out of this awful room.

"I would be honored to assist you, Arandur," he replied anxiously, worry obvious in the wrinkle that appeared above his eyebrows, and the lip-nibbling frown. He followed the elf down the stairs and into the kitchen, standing around awkwardly until directed.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 pm

When asked about the spikey bits on the other's back, he would take the opportunity to look at them. He had been going to let the other ignore them, but since the question was brought up, he would indeed look. He hadn't noticed them before, mainly because the other had been on his back, and maybe because they had grown more since he had seen the other's back last? He didn't know.

He also didn't know what the bumps were, and said so. "They could be any number of things, and I would be lying if I said I knew what they were currently. I am sure their purpose will show in time. They aren't hurting you or anything are they?" he asked, looking them over carefully, his fingers moving to the other bits he could see that were not fully grown either. He guessed the scholar dragon would about cream his pants to see these, but he was not about to call him.

He brightened when the other said about helping, pleased with the enthusiasm for such a task. He had worried the other might be being contrary, as he had every right to be, but it was good that they could distract themselves with menial tasks such as this.

Downstairs, he would start to get the different things ready for dinner, handing off anything to chop to the other man "Be a good time to practice with those talons of yours.. wash them first though" he said, gesturing to the freshly filled sink of water. He might be looking after the other, but he wasn't coddling him. He was a firm believer in people helping to heal themselves, and that meant mentally to. He couldn't wave a magic staff and make everything better, but he could give the person the tools and circumstance to do it themselves. "I expect it will take a little of getting used to" he said with a smile when the other ended up making a bit of sea carrot go flying across the kitchen. He cleaned it up and would work on the meaty part of the meal. He had managed to get some large tuna steaks, figuring that with all the changes, and carnivorous looking changes, that the other would need the more substantial part of the meal, rather than merely greenery.

Eventually the meal would be done, and he spooned the extra cooked greenery into a pot for another time before serving it. Of course eating it was going to be a challenge for the other, what with his talons and everything. As far as he could tell, they were not retractable. "I found some metal forks here.. wasn't sure if you would be able to use the bone ones" he offered. "Still, its a learning curve for us both"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The fingers on his back made Hotaru shiver violently and pull away. He nodded quickly and silently to whatever the healer said, not understanding any of it, and still feeling the touch of Arandur's fingers against his skin.

Dinner preparations gave him something else to focus on. He had to learn a whole new way of holding the utensils as his claws kept getting in the way. The vegetables sent his way to chopped mostly ended up a mangled mess, making Hotaru distinctly uneasy. Before he'd messed with them, the roots and green things were as elegant and graceful as everything Elven tended to be, and he felt vaguely that he'd soiled them somehow. At one point, holding and slicing, Hotaru didn't know how it happened, but his claws slid right into the wooden chopping board, and gotten stuck.

Hacking away at the claws did nothing except chip the blade, and jabbing the tip of the knife at the board only served to bend the entire thing into an 's' shape totally unsuited for pretty much anything. Panic and frustrated anger warred within him and he slammed the entire thing against the counter a couple of times, hoping and fearing that the display would attract Arandur's attention and he'd come over to see what a mess Hotaru had gotten into. It took a force of will greater than he'd ever attempted to hold onto his temper.

Once he'd relaxed and stopped struggling, his claws slid free on their own. Covertly, he straightened the knife blade as best he could and finished the chopping.

Then came eating and this was even worse because the utensils were even smaller. His stomach had started rumbling in a hungry, threatening way the instant Hotaru's sensitive nose scented the food, and it only got worse with the tiny bites he managed to dribble into his mouth. A lot ended up in his lap or plopping back on his plate as he tried to learn how to use his fork without cutting himself with his talons. Only Arandur's patient, calm manners kept Hotaru from just giving up. Temper in the face of the elf's stoicism seemed both pointless and childish.

Setting the fork aside, Hotaru tried spearing the fish steak with his claws, but the meat was too tender and flaky. He fared somewhat better with the vegetables. He tried scooping the food up with his spoon, but couldn't figure out how to get the spoon to his mouth without twisting his arm off. Eventually, he hit upon a method that seemed to work. Painstakingly slowly, Hotaru pushed bits onto the knife's tines so they wouldn't slip off, mashing the meat together to hold. Then, with the flat of the fork in his palm, fingers curled carefully around the metal for a grip, he lifted his arm palm facing up and elbow swinging in, to suck off the food a tiny bite at a time.

The entire meal Hotaru remained silent unless asked a question. Making small talk was not one of his skills, and was not something he'd thought to ever need. Arandur was so casual and laid back, in Hotaru's experience, that he wasn't sure how to behave sometimes, feeling awkward and foolish and often uneasy, though he couldn't say why.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 am

Oceanwalker stood at Arandur, almost deriving sadistic pleasure out of the rage across the elf's face. What was the old adage? Misery loves company. Yes, a large part of him truly enjoyed pissing the other off, firing him up, and part of him desired that fury to the coldness the other often gave him. He stood, though, he thought, if the other was not careful and aroused his true wrath, the elf may never see the surface again, for as long as he lived.

He knew better than to think the other would be too tempted, because if he had an escort, the other couldn't get away. No way. He allowed the other to leave, without fuss. But the other would know not to trifle with him, or there would be consequences.

His head tilted, "Aeolus." He said, as the other peeked in, he turned his head, "Come with me." He turned and stalked back to his tower, instructing the other to follow him the whole way. He looked on the state of his tower, a few broken bits here and there and he plucked up a broom and dustpan, "Sit." He said, sweeping up the crystal ball and what was left of the vase, "Our god spoke to me." He said quietly, the only other sound was his broom over the stone floor. I don't suppose you have any idea on how to ask his counsel, hm, oh great and wise god? He thought bitterly up to the sky, but, as usual, when important life-decisions were being made, he was silent as the skies.

Bastard.

"He said I should seek advice from you. Something about a Time of Awakening." He said dismissively, staring out the window as darkness started to cover the city.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

"Kagarithorn." He nodded in greeting and entered the room, following as he was asked. His gaze traveled over the tower room he was led to. 'What happened here?' He wondered as he watched the other start cleaning up the shattered items. Taking a seat when he was told. His eyes widened in shock when the other mentioned the Lord of the Skies speaking to him.

Honor warmed him when he learned the Lord had informed Thorn to seek counsel from him. That is until he heard what the counsel was about. He shook his head horror. "That's... we can't let that happen, Thorn." He gestured for Thorn to sit with him, knowing the blue dragon would need more explanation than that considering the nonchalance in his voice when he mentioned it.

"A long time ago, the Lord of War was taking the upperhand; he had under his command very powerful, very ancient dragons. They would lay waste to the world of Synn if allowed to roam, but without a means to defeat them, the Lord of the Skies gathered his most trusted and powerful wizards and dragons to cast those beings into a nether realm. Surely angering the WarLord, but it evened the odds." He paused to breathed and studied Thorn's face, concern bright in his eyes.

"The Time of Awakening refers to the time that those beasts will return to this world. And, believe me, it would not be pleasant for any of us. There are not enough wizards or dragons powerful enough to seal them away again, so we must prevent such an event from occurring." He stopped there, wondering if he had jumped too quickly into it, perhaps the Lord had only wanted Thorn to know of it and didn't mean it as a warning, he wasn't told exactly what had been said about it.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 am

"No no, I meant chop the vegetables with your claws" he said with friendly patience as the other unbent the knife. He didn't mind really about the chopping board or the knife, more concerned with getting the other to a stage where he could work fitfully with the attributes given to him. "You remember perhaps training first with knives? Think of it as that."

The meal was even more painful to watch, and he made a point to note himself not to make this particular dish again so to spare the embarrasement of the Hotaru. "I expect it might be easier to deal with larger game for you. I am afraid I know little of what you are growing into, but it seems to me that such problems will either be transatory, or your race got around it by having others serving you." he contemplated this a bit while munching on some of his own roughly cut vegetables. "Nevermind, Ill cook something easier to deal with tomorrow. Maybe as you grow you will be able to retract your talons to eat." or perhaps he was growing into something that ripped into bigger game on a regular basis. It was not beyond the imagination to think so. He had never understood why Oceanwalker kept so many servants other than laziness, for it was clear that he was fully capable of feeding himself without help, and of clothing himself and other such tasks. It worried him to a certain extent that this might be the second stage in the Hotaru's physical evolution that might end up becoming more draconic. He hadn't thought so at first, for it was just as true now as it was back when he had uttered it, that the other's physical attributes and core were unlike Oceanwalkers, but the physical changes that he could see.. they looked .. they looked draconic. He wasn't against that of course, but he knew that the Hotaru wouldn't feel happy about such a thing. Still, if he was some sort of dragon creature, it would give him power, and power in this world was good. He just needed to gain his strength and purpose before someone like Oceanwalker stamped it out of him, or stamped a purpose onto him that would be too long-lasting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:26 am

<<Hotaru>>

Rather more hungry than satisfied, Hotaru sat back and stared at the shreds left on his plate. He couldn't quite bring himself to actually lick the plate clean, and he told himself that he'd survived on less for quite longer than a single day, but the food had been delicious. Simply reaching out and taking more from the dish at the center of the table didn't seem proper somehow, what with the elven healer sitting so calmly and patiently on the other side.

He sighed deeply and pushed his plate away. Eating was more trouble than it was worth. He leaned an elbow on the table and found that the growing spike did not impede him, so he added the other and rested his chin in his hands. He was ... unhappy, he concluded, but the word didn't sound right, not even in his own mind. He looked over at Arandur, of half a mind to ask, but he didn't know how to shape his question, or even really what he wanted to ask. He just felt tired, worn out, and somehow as if he was letting everyone down. [[he's depressed]]

To a human's eyes, the wood of the table appeared soft, the grains fine and sanded into a smooth finish, but as he stared, it seemed to Hotaru that the table grew rougher, the patterns more pronounced. It was still beautiful, but coarser, cruder, and he frowned, reaching idly behind himself to scratch his shoulder.

He froze, staring down at the strips of skin caught on his claws. He had, for a moment, forgotten. A blush colored his cheeks and he looked anywhere but at Arandur. The elf had been nothing but kind and sympathetic, and Hotaru had responded by shedding on his breakfast table. He sat back abruptly -- or tried, because his elbow-spike stuck for a moment, almost sending Hotaru over backwards as he jerked to free himself. The chair went backwards as he stood and grabbed at the robe, cursing as he closed sliced more of the thing to ribbons. There was more skin dangling from the claws he'd used to scratch his back, making Hotaru scowl in disgust, trying to shake it off while he swiped at the slipping robe with his palm instead of his fingers.

Last edited by Dark on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 pm

He watched the other while silence reigned, and it didn't take a genius or a mind reader to be able to figure out that the Hotaru was not feeling very up-beat right now. When the other pushed his plate away, he would gather up the dishes and take them back to the kitchen only to hear the jerking movement as the other got up. Looking back around, he could see the disgust. Setting the dishes down, he moved back through to where the other stood.

Straightening his shoulders, his face settled back into the one that usually was seen by patients; the somewhat bossy healer face. "Right, come on then. I need to see to your back. Upstairs with you." He would bustle the other out of the main room and upstairs to where he started a bath running, adding the magic stones to heat the water as he pretty much forced the other to stand in his room while he surveyed the damage.

Using an abrasive sponge, he wet down the other's back and would start to scrub it down, taking away the dying skin. He worked on it for a while before forcing the other into the powder-strewn water while he cleaned up the sponges and such, pushing the other back into the water if necessary.

Finally he would settle in a seat across from the roll-top bath and consider for a while before he spoke. His voice had mellowed from the bossy healer now the other had settled in the bath, one that was misted enough from the powder to cover the other's modesty. His voice was a bit worn around the edges, worried even. It was rare for the healer to show any such feeling that it might perhaps catch the Hotaru's attention enough out of his self-imposed depression.

"I don't have time.. neither of us do, for you to become dragged down by the changes you are facing right now. You need to pick yourself up and fight to become strong and well again H, because I can't keep Oceanwalker away forever. You need to have finished whatever transformation you are going through before then or you will be in a weak position. I don't think he knows that this is happening, not right now or he would never have agreed to let you stay here outside of his sight. He is already in a foul mood, and he will take this badly.. our keeping this from him, but I feel it. I feel that this is your chance to be free if only you can get fit and strong in time. Don't let yourself become trapped here H, and you will if you don't fight for who you are, what your potential is. You can't fight against yourself like a snake trying to eat its own tail. I know it must be hard for you, but you need to fight for your survival, and I think that this is about survival. The scholar said there were once many of your kind, and now there is only you it seems. You think your kind, so strong and beautiful in your lethal grace just dissappeared on your own? I don't. And I think that once they know.. once they realise just how much stronger you are getting, they will try to either kill you, or manipulate you further to their own ends."

He looked up and over to the male in his bath. His gaze was worried, tired. "The man I first met was fierce and relentless and refused to give up, refused to do what others commanded of him. Where has that part of yourself gone, H? You need to find it again. You need to find yourself again. Train.. fight.. know your new body and hone it. Hone it before your chance is gone for good." He looked down to his hands, delicate by comparison with their long fingers "I trusted what I was told by him, by Oceanwalker, but he never intended to release me, despite what he said. All these years I thought it was just my own lack of bargaining skills, or understanding in the past that led to me being trapped here, but that was never it. I thought that once I could get to the surface that I would be free again, that he would let me go, like he told me all those years ago, but he lied. I don't want you trapped like this, like me. They will use any means necessary to get what they want, and while I may just be a pretty bauble to him, one more addition to his hoard, you.. you will be a threat. You always have been a threat, but now, now you are vastly more of one to him. I have seen what he does to threats H, and you need to start fighting for yourself again."

Getting up, he would cross over, washing out the rough sponges again. "Come on, out the bath" he said and would briskly dry the other off before going at the patchy dead skin with the sponges again. They hardened quicker once they were in the air instead of under the skin, and H was going to need them hardened should things come to blows with Oceanwalker again. Two, maybe three more such dunkings and scrubbings would take place before he had the other cleared of the dead skin. "There.. that should feel better now" he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 pm

<<Hotaru>>

When Arandur came back, Hotaru wilted a little under what he perceived as an annoyed, disdainful look. His hands clenched into fists -- Damn elf! Think you're so much better than me? --

"Ouch! Fuck!" Hotaru shook out his hands, scowling at the small puncture wounds he'd made. His palms stung a little, but there wasn't much blood. His hands felt knotted with thick calluses, and the same itchy-crawly sensation that kept him awake at night was beginning to set in again. As much as he told himself not to scratch, his fingers seemed to have minds of their own.

He stumbled a little on the way up to the bathing chamber again. He had to move carefully anyway, re-learning how to walk with the clawed toes and growing spikes on his heels, but now it was as if the stairs, too, conspired against him, moving purposefully to trip him up.

But he trusted Arandur, which was altogether strange, but not as strange as the changes he endured. He just didn't have the presence of mind to second-guess the healer's intentions, and had more than enough distractions anyway. Crossing his arms over his chest, he sighed and held still for the examination, groaning softly with resignation as Arandur prepped the tub.

The sponge, however, felt amazingly good. Hotaru braced himself against the edge of the tub and leaned back into the gritty sponges. "Ooh, Gods! Harder!" His claws rasped against the tub as he pushed back against Arandur's touch. "Oh! Fuck, there!" The bumpy knobs on his shoulder blades were very sensitive, making Hotaru shudder in a twisted combination of tickle and tenderness. Globs of wet, sudsy skin fell into the water in long rolls and Hotaru was quite disappointed when Arandur stopped.

The healer's tone of voice did catch Hotaru's attention and he caught his breath against his delighted panting to glance curiously at the elf. It was another lecture, and his mind drifted. He felt good right now, his skin prickly, but in a good way, he thought, maybe -- of course! A sensation like this couldn't be bad, could it? His head felt too light, like he would drift away, his body too hot, and yet the water felt cold. He didn't know what he wanted or how to ask, but he could feel his heart beating, pulsing hidden beneath the water, and he covered it, embarrassed and confused, and growing a little angry.

"Arandur," he growled, staring hungrily at the elf. "I -- What?" His eyes widened with surprised horror and he sank further into the water. "No. Scrub me here if you must, or leave me be. Take your heretic speeches elsewhere and cease disturbing me!"
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 pm

He did what he could to take the dead skin off, but he could tell that when he was talking that the other wasn't really listening. It was disheartening. When he got up to help the other out the bath, he caught the look in his eyes, but took it for just lazy pleasure of the water so close it was to how he had seen Oceanwalker in his own pools.

However when the other snapped at him he would reel back a little at the harsh comment. He would not take it as embarrasement for the man had never seemed self-conscious about his being naked in front of him in the slightest. Hurt flickered through his eyes before he pulled himself together a moment later, the mask of the healer coming over his features "Very well, wash your own back then. I am no servant to your demands." He turned, his back straight and would walk out the room, closing the door with a click.

He moved down the stairs, his jaw clenched and started to clean. There was still a good amount of mess from dinner and it was a good distraction, not the least of which was because his turbulent emotions kept moving things and tipping things over. First Oceanwalker, and now the Hotaru had both shown themselves to have crueler sides than he had assessed. It was a lot to deal with in one day and he was about at his limit. When the cleaning was done, he would set about making good sized pies that would be easier to eat for the other when he would get hungry later. Damned if he would sit at the table with him tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

<<Hotaru>>

The click of the door closing was loud in the suddenly silent room. Hotaru stared at the door, stunned, trying to think what he'd done wrong, or if. No, it had to be something he'd done, he was forever doing the wrong thing here. It shouldn't matter! He was a prisoner! But it still hurt. Shouldn't but the healer's rejection hurt anyway.

The sponge hit the wall beside the door with a very unsatisfactory splat and he cast around wildly for something else to throw. Grabbing for the soap, he banged his clawed fingers hard enough to smart, and subsequent attempts only had the bar shooting out from between his fingers. In his anger, he kicked out hard against the side of his tub, eyes popping open as angry frustration zipped into panic. his foot was stuck! The spike growing on his heel had somehow lodged itself in the copper bathtub. Hotaru swore, twisting and sloshing water as he tried to figure out what he'd done and how to fix it -- or, at the very least get free.

After a great deal of mess and effort, Hotaru yanked his foot free, tears coming to his eyes as the hard spike broke off, the wound stinging in the mineral water. Cursing and wincing, he climbed from the tub, stomp-limping into his own room and slamming the door behind him to flop down on the bed. He curled up despondently, pressing the hand towel from his wash stand to his heel to stem the bleeding, still itchy and growing itchier, and thoroughly uncertain. At that moment he would have welcomed a visit from Oceanwalker to distract him from his thoughts.

Arandur was right about a lot of things, Hotaru mused. He needed to heal and get stronger so he could fight. He was good at that; he knew how to fight, to kill. Surely, that's what Tezcacoatl wanted him for. It would be a relief to get away from this place. And at least, in this new body, no one would recognize him, no one except for maybe --

He pushed hard upon the cracked and splintered spike, sending pain flaring up his leg to fester in his stomach, but the distraction worked. He cussed, crying a little, wholly alone and wishing for someone to talk to. Having never had attention like Arandur's, having never known what friendship was, he found he desired it, yearned for it, if only he knew how to get it!

Claws found and ripped a pillow, sending feathers flying, but that was insufficient to satisfy him and Hotaru grabbed for anything within reach to shred and tear, testing his claws and smirking with visceral pleasure as they ripped through everything.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Thorn arched a brow in response to the other's concern over this 'Awakening'. His claws tapped on the table he was sitting near, listening as the other spoke about it, his gaze pensive, "So how do they get free?" He asked softly, his claws scraping on the table with a sigh. "Our god has a strange sense of importance." He murmured to the other, conflict warring in him for a moment. "What are we going to do about it? More importantly, what are we going to do about the Hotaru, our god wishes me to extract information, but I cannot, the Hotaru doesn't like me, much less trust me, and it seems every time that we even see one another, we fight."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "And I don't even know what manner of information he wants other than information on Xuicoatl." He said, tweaking the end of his horn, he just wasn't sure what to do entirely. His god was no help, cryptic messages, mysterious events, though, he supposed that was why he had Aeolus. He was trustworthy. "Aeolus." He said, standing, "I have need of your knowledge. Our god believes something is brewing on Xuicoatl's side, since that, there," He pointed across the way where Arandur's home lay, "Is the last Hotaru, at least as far as we know, and Xuicoatl no longer has his aid, and our god seems to think this... Time of Awakening, it draws nigh, and we have very little time to either prevent it, avoid it, or any manner of things to just not bring it about. If it is what you say, then that would be most unfortunate." He tapped his claws against the table and took a seat once more.

"Most unfortunate indeed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   

Back to top Go down

Dragon Warz IC Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next