Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dragon Warz IC Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 am

He watched the two leave without a word, the elf lived here after all and if Thorn did not complain about the healer's words, he would leave leave it. And for that reason he fought back the urge to point out a few misconceptions he seemed to have. He'd leave the healer to figure it out on his own. He did as he was invited, stripping his robes and stepping into the water to sit next to the lord of the city. "Not too harsh. It was rather pleasant actually, it felt quite nice to stretch my wings." He nodded as the blue dragon explained the situation. Unwelcome indeed... what did the Dragon Lord need with a creature that hates his kind so deeply? There had to be some practical use.

Interesting? Not only did he perk at the word, he leaned forward, clearly very interested in the next words Thorn had to say. And boy was putting off his plans to go home worth it. This knowledge, if this young man truly was what Thorn thought he was. And Aeolus the Dreamer intended to find out for sure. "I will do it. I will find out what he is." He answered with resolve, meeting the other dragon's gaze. His sapphire eyes shone with excitement at the task before him and determination to unearth the truth. It would a great discovery if he found that the mixed blood was in fact one of that long thought lost race of beings. To have one in debt to their Lord would be a great boon indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:22 pm

<<Hotaru>>

More days passed and Hotaru began to feel more himself, and not prone to passing out if he moved too fast. The healer was good, even if he was an elf, and at least he kept the dragons away. Their presence was like bees humming nearby, rather than pounding against his senses like they did when they were in the same room. Or, worse, both dragons together.

They irritated him, but he tried not to take out his frustrations on everyone else. He was locked within his rooms, but they were large and private, which, oddly, made the place not seem quite so much like a prison.

When he grew strong enough, he went over his exercises, using a rod from the curtains in place of his sword and spear. The movements started simple at first, a means of warming up the body, flowing smoothly and slowly from one position into the next, like an intricate, deadly dance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Thorn blinked slowly, "Very well, I'll have you put up in a room nearby, so that you may commence your studies. I would politely request that you give me copies of your notes, if you please, for my own purposes." He said, his hand playing over the water, "Welcome to my home, Aeolus, it's good to see you again." He said before he stood, water pouring down his form as he changed positions and laid out in the water to talk with Aeolus further about nothing and everything for the rest of the evening.

The days that passed were dull and uninteresting, Thorn mostly spent the time with his elves, his people, having finally calmed down enough to greet them and he worked diligently to attend to their needs, he was fair in all things, and he spent little time with the hunter, whereas it seemed that Aeolus couldn't get enough of him. Much to the hunter's chagrin, it merely amused Thorn when he heard of the discomfort of the hunter. He finally went into the Hunter's room, in time to catch him dancing about, his eyes were cool as he watched, thinking that this dance may be the last thing many a dragon saw before execution.

He slid into the room, his violet eyes following the the other. The hunter ignored him as he came in, moving mindlessly, it seemed. He tilted his head to the side, watching him, his horns brushing the other's rod as he swung it around and he jerked his head to the side, his eyes moving over the other's body, "I didn't expect you to be up and about so soon, hunter." He said the nickname like a dirty word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:16 pm

<<Hotaru>>

He felt him come, hovering nearby. Even were Hotaru blind and deaf he still would have felt the dragon, but he ignored him, concentrating on his exercises. They were all that kept him sane in this place, now that he was awake and strong enough to pace his confines.

The blue dragon's presence was heavy with pressure, as if the weight of the water around them would come crashing down at any minute. On the other hand, at least he wasn't skulking out of sight.

Finishing with a bow to his invisible opponent, Hotaru turned around, still holding the rod. His shirt stuck to him with the sweat of his exertions and he wiped his face with a sleeve.

"You have no faith in your healer, then?" he asked, words polite though his tone dripped scorn. Hotaru actually had a great deal of respect for him, even if he was an elf.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:45 am

Aeolus offered the blue dragon a smile, "Of course, of course. It is the least I can do to repay you this unique opportunity." Providing copies was a little more time consuming, but it was certainly worth the chance he'd been given.

He did love this. Although the hunter did not appreciate his near constant presence as he watched the healing process, spoke to the healer and poked around in general to learn as much about the man's condition as he could. The scales and the incurable dry patches were, of course, the most interesting thing about the whole thing. Physically he'd been healing well, but the patches and the scales remained. He'd found this eerily familiar to something he'd studied about the origins of the creatures of Synn. And so he'd left, only for a couple of days and only to gather some references from his den. He'd asked one of the elves to keep a record of the progress in his leave, of course and checked up on the half man as soon as he’d returned.

This morning though, he was finishing the organizing and writing out of his findings so far and copying the notes for Thorn. The references he’d picked up had helped him quite a bit. He’d thought at least half of what he’d written to be myth, seeing as he’d never met one of this particular race and seen the progress of their aging. From what he could tell, the scales and dry itchy skin was a sign of approaching maturity for them. They became more like dragons. Although that would mean the boy was at least two hundred years old. That he didn’t realize it was even more intriguing. Something must have happened, what he wanted to do was get the man to remember something of what he was and hear the words in his own voice.

Once they were complete, he hefted Thorn’s copy and a larger tome and carried it to the patient’s room. Thorn had been true to his word and given Aeolus a place to stay very near. As he entered, he happened upon quite a scene. The half human practicing his fighting techniques and shirtless it was difficult not to notice that he’d been well built and in the peak of health before coming here. But near freezing to death would cause even the strongest of men problems. The tome he placed on a table and the notes he handed off to Thorn.

“Copies of my findings so far, as we agreed. Please come by if you wish to discuss it. As for that.” He pointed to the tome, “I thought your guest would like some reading material. It’s nothing harmful, just collection of creation stories, as told by a number of the races here on Synn.” He smiled at the half elf, “I do hope you enjoy it. And not destroy it. I’d be quite upset to lose a copy of it. It is one of my favorites after all.”
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

<<Hotaru>>

His hands having tightened on the practice rod upon the expected emergence of the other dragon, Hotaru gave the giant book a sneer. Few people in the world could read, and he was not one of them. The knowledge had always been a bitter one, and he shoved down the strange ache that always accompanied it.

"What care have I of such things?" he demanded derisively. He turned his back to cross the cleared space to a table pushed up against the opposite wall. A perfectly folded napkin sat next to tray of finger-sized food suitable for a recovering invalid. Next to that was a glass and a condensation-beaded crock of water.

"You will keep a civil tongue!" Thorn snapped, his book landing with a thump on top of the other.

Hotaru stopped, hearing the low rumble of the Dragon God's warning in the blue dragon's voice. Cursing his temper, Hotaru's chin dipped in a tiny apologetic nod. He was not particularly apologetic, merely angry that he had forgotten one of his few commands. In truth they had asked little of him, which only made him fret more, because surely all this waiting and kindness was building up to something truly despicable.

Still with his back to them, he set the rod upon the table and then leaned there against his palms. He took a deep breath, ignoring the sting of sweat in his dry, itchy skin, and looked over his shoulder at the two dragons who continued to watch him. Why did they do so? It wasn't distrust, but something more akin to fascination.

"What do you want of me?" he asked finally, still without turning.

The crystal dragon made as if to speak, but the blue dragon raised his hand to stop him. "We have some questions."

Hotaru's head dropped back to stare at the smooth finish of he table. Of course. He'd expected -- dreaded -- what was to come. He was bound; they didn't need to bother with torture because he must follow the blue dragon's commands. His hands clenched against the table and swallowed back the bile that rose to the back of his throat.

"You will come to my sitting room," said Thorn.

Hotaru nodded silently.

"Wait." The crystal dragon picked up the copy of his findings and shoved it back at Thorn before taking a step or two towards the half-elf. "What is your name?"

"My name?" Hotaru echoed, half turning. He had been christened the 'Dragonslayer' upon entering his god's service. Only Xiuhcoatl ever called him anything else.

"Answer the question," rumbled Thorn.

Anger over the dragon's tone overcame Hotaru's confusion. He scowled at them both. "They call me the Dragonslayer," he said, enjoying the look of discomfort and hatred which appeared on the blue dragon's human face.

"What else do they call you?" Aeolus pressed before Thorn could snap.

Darker than black eyes flicked from one dragon to the other and back again. "Hotaru," he said simply. He blinked, lost once more, when the two dragons looked at each other, surprise so plain to see on the smaller one's face.

"Well, well," murmured Aeolus. He turned, beckoning Thorn to follow. "We will see you shortly, then, little 'ling." He added the last in a soft whisper that Thorn barely heard.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 am

<<Hotaru>>

They left him alone and Hotaru sagged against the cabinet. In a fit of anger, his arm lashed out and swept everything off the surface to clang and shatter on the floor. Shards of glass dusted his feet but he welcomed the pain. It was a distraction from the confusion in his mind, the anger and fear and vulnerability.

"I have a name," he whispered to himself. "I have a name, I know I do." It just wasn't something he'd ever thought about. Conflicting loyalties made him want to cry out to his god, but the Lord of Dragons was his master now, and he couldn't.

There was a knife, lying by the upturned platter. He lowered himself to his knees and picked up the small but short blade intended for carving off small pieces of fruit or meat. Not that it was really necessary with the food he'd been given, and Hotaru stared at it a moment. He didn't remember seeing it before.

A whisper of cloth and he spun around, knife held close to his arm in readiness, but it was only the healer. Hotaru didn't even know the name of the quiet, steady, and no-nonsense man who had been tending him these last few weeks. The elf looked decidedly put out and Hotaru almost smiled. The expression felt strange and foreign and he stopped, reaching up to trace his mouth with the hand not holding the knife.

He looked up at the healer, but Hotaru didn't have any words. He felt caught in a hurricane, with no safe place to turn, and he latched onto the calming presence like a life-line.

"Help." His lips moved, the knife falling from nerveless fingers, but he made no sound as he slumped forward to rest on hands and knees, head hanging.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:32 pm

He came in to find the other baring a knife at him. He held still a moment until he could see the other ease down. "Nice welcome" he said, really not liking being threatened by anything, though considering the other visitors that came in, the slayer had reason to be nervous.

He didn't know quite what was going on. That the man had issues was readily noticable, but perhaps these moments when the situation got more out of control were the most telling. What was it that had the other man touching his lips, hiding a smile? Confusion? Worry? He was not a mind healer, he knew the body.

He saw the lips move. He had heard and seen those words so many times, he did not need the sound to go with it, and he would move forward, grabbing the man as the knife fell from his fingers to the floor. "Come on" he said, hoisting the other up with considerable effort to sit on the bed.

Once the other had calmed down and strengthened enough, he would let him get up. "Come on" he said, just as no-nonsense as he had always been. Avoiding the dragons (he had checked where they were before coming) they would make their way through the corridors until they became less populated and quieter until finally they were at a spacious house, or more like a villa really. He closed the door behind him and would let the other move about. "This is my place. There's a room upstairs you can use, first door on the left. The dragons won't come in here, this is my space. Neutral territory. I'd appreciate if you didn't trash the place."

The house was simple for the most part, and spacious, which was more than could be said of the room the other had been in. There was actually proper room here to train, to lay out, to do whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 am

<<Hotaru>>

He walked in a daze beside the healer, concerned about leaving the familiarity of his rooms, but put at ease by the calm confidence the elf exuded. Everyone stared as they passed, and Hotaru felt naked without his armor and weapons. He wanted to hide his ears, and the flaking, scaly patches exposed for everyone to see made him vaguely ashamed. They were larger now, and the itching was growing worse instead of better, despite the creams and oils they'd been using.

He stared around the spacious, open area, with its vaulted ceilings and comfortable architecture. It was very different than the rest of the palace that Hotaru had seen and he took the first easy breath in many a day. In the healer's house, he no longer felt like he was drowning. It didn't look like water, or like the stones were melting in here.

He didn't stay by the door but followed the healer whereever he went, latching on to the only semi-friendly person he could remember ever meeting. He wasn't real; he was a legend, and different enough that he made people nervous, even other servants of the WarLord.

The healer's words put some color in Hotaru's cheeks as he flushed with embarrassment and shame. He must have been there to witness his temper, but Hotaru had a temper, and he couldn't lie, so he said nothing.

He asked instead, "Why are you being so nice to me? I kill dragons." Elves hated him on principle. Well, most people, if they didn't fear him, and some because they feared him, hated Hotaru. He was used to that. Friendship was not something he'd ever cared to have, but he turned towards Arandur like a flower catching the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 am

He would glance over to him as he moved around in the kitchen, getting a glass of water from the pump (purified water) and handed it to the other before getting some for himself.

"I am not being nice to you." he said simply "I am doing what a healer should: making sure you get better. You wern't getting better in those rooms. You were getting worse, and would be of no use to anyone if you stayed there. Of course I don't expect Oceanwalker will agree, or be very pleased. In fact I expect him to come around sometime soon and demand you return, but that is beside the point." He took a drink from his glass, moving past the other to sit down on one of the soft chairs.

"I have nothing particularly against you" he said, by way of clarification. "Many people war, people die, feuds continue, revenge happens. That is what war is like until those fighting don't really remember what the original reason is. Its nature. Its how things are. You can't change that, the dragons can't change that, the elves certainly can't change that. You hate dragons, or at least kill them and have done, and the dragons hate you in return. That's how it is. Most people are on one side or the other, but wizards like me, we try to walk the path between. I don't care for wars. I think they are needless waste of life and resources. I am here because I was tricked and cannot walk away. There are no roads from here, but being here keeps me from being caught in the no-man's land and killed. Few wizards survive out without being forced into a side. So here I am, healing, because that is my main skill. I have been here a long time now, and life here is not so bad, but for my natural inclination to go out into the world. I miss the trees, and the sky and the open road." He fell silent a moment, staring at nothing and likely bringing up memories of those long since viewed things. He looked down at the glass after a moment "What I am saying to you is" he said, looking pointedly at the other man "I really don't care who you have killed. Dragons have killed to in vast quantities I expect, if not personally then through the feud between Gods. What I care about is for you to get better, get stable and not destroy the neutral ground you find yourself standing on. The war is a choice, and you find yourself with split loyalties. Do what you have to do, but neutral is by far the best place to be, I find, and I value the space here, so keep that in mind."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm

<>

So he was just doing his job? Hotaru stared into his glass in silence while the other spoke, nodding every now and again.

"I see," he said. "I ... You may think it's nothing, but," he paused, shaking his head. "It's not nothing to me." Standing, he inclined his head in a nod, because he had only ever bowed to one being in his life, and then moved away. "I'll try to stay out of your way."

Carrying the glass, he explored the house, finding a terrace on the upper floor with a glass ceiling and walls where he could stand and watch the ocean move around them. There was a large, open room with nothing in it except for some mats hanging on one of the walls and another wall of mirrors, and he found the bathing chambers as well as some fresh clothing. He cleaned up and returned to the terrace, taking a seat on one of the chairs and drawing his knees up under his chin as he stared into the dark blueness of the water.

The blue dragon had told him to join him, but he hadn't specified when, and Hotaru was in no mood to be interrogated.

"I have a name," he murmured. 'Hotaru' wasn't it; he felt it was so, but what else could it be? He didn't know who he was if he couldn't be the Dragonslayer anymore. "What does He want from me?"

Last edited by Dark on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed description of house)
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:48 pm

(I didn't envision the house to be that big. It has two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, as its his home, not a hospital. It is spacious downstairs though, open plan)

He would watch the other head upstairs, unable to see the flicker of pity in his eyes. What a life the man must have had to think his brusque behaviour was worthy of meaning so much. But he could not afford to be showing favour to one or another side, even if he did see the good in the dragonslayer. Everyone deserved a chance, after all. He just hoped he could make Oceanwalker back down enough to give the man a chance to regain some semblance of balance rather than the madness and paranoia he had seen take him over.

He glanced over to the door, surprised that the dragon was not here already, but what reprieve from the confrontation was a good one, as it was not something he was looking forward to. Getting up, he would move over to the long mirror, taking up more of the metallic threads and starting to carefully weave them into his hair, the way, he knew that the dragon liked. He was not above using diversionary tactics to remind the other of what an asset he was, in more ways than one, though it left him feeling a bit dirty for doing so. He disliked the fact that he was forced to fall back on such means merely to maintain his neutral space. He refused to be ruled or commanded overly by the dragon, and sometimes he was sure only his appearance gave him that edge. Oceanwalker had never forced the issue, perhaps assuming he would give up his stand-offishness over time, worn down by the elves and their subservience to him. He was a dragon after all and used to getting what he wanted, but he had no intention of bowing to the dragon's wishes any more than he would the goblins or the humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am

Thorn had finished another meeting with Aeolus, the other had many things to talk about and he found himself enjoying the crystal dragon's company more and more, and it calmed him. It was when he went to the Slayer's room and found him missing he discovered he still had a tendency towards aggression. Gone! He snarled, bellowing, making the vases and the tapestries rattle with the force of his voice. He stormed out in a rush, "Emma!" He snarled, whirling on the startled female, "Where is the Slayer?" He hissed, "Where is the Hotaru?!" Panting, the hint of snarl in each breath.

The poor elf woman looked terrified as she stuttered out a reply. "Th-th-they went t-to the heal-lers home." She said, clutching her book in front of her chest.

Thorn was a frightening figure as he tore through the underwater city to Arandur's home, shrieking with the might of the dragon, "Who allowed you to take the Hotaru from my home?" He howled, his upper lip curling as his skin broke out with dark blue scales, "You did not have my permission, wizard." He hissed, "Take him back this instant!" His violet eyes blazed in fury, the audacity! The nerve! How dare he! How dare here. He would tear his house down brick by brick then dump the elf on the road again to die! He would! He roared again, he meant business and he meant business this instant!
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 am

He could hear him coming, and he was sure that the man upstairs could hear him to. The whole damn area could hear him. He steeled himself as the other all but broke down his door. He just hoped that the patient had the presence of mind to stay well out the way.

He faced off to the enraged dragon, his hair sparkling, his appearance was calm, just. He waited until the other was done shouting at him before he spoke. "You told me to heal him," he said, "that is what I am doing. His well-being is in my care, and to heal him in the best ways possible is my aim. I am working by your command, Lord Oceanwalker, and he was getting worse in your abode. If you thought less on his race and history, and actually paid attention to the man, you would have noticed that long ago. By all means, if you want the man unable to function send him back, but I do not believe your God wishes him to be ruined, but to be useful. He will not be useful if you haul him back there now, his health will deteriorate further, and you would have been just as well leaving him out on the snow to die for all the use he will be."

He was silent a moment, watching the enraged dragon before adding "He isn't going anywhere, you of all people know that. There is nowhere for him to go. I believe he is likely to spend most of his time here, as I do." There was that knowledge in his eyes, a knowledge that perhaps would trigger the dragon's own memory not so long ago, just over a century when he had brought the wizard here, and how his need to be gone out of this fish bowl had nearly fragmented his mind with the desperation to leave, until he had made this place his own, making it like a normal house, rather than the ones commonly in the underwater town. "He needs time to heal" he said to Lord Oceanwalker quietly "do you understand? He will be of no use to you if he loses it, just as I would not have been."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 am

The meeting and review of his notes went well with Thorn. These had been becoming more and more regular. Even though all signs pointed to Thorn's suspicions being true, Aeolous truly wanted something more. He had observations of physical aspects and his name. The language wasn't widespread enough for just anyone to think of such a name, he'd explained that to Thorn as well. Through all the excitement over Hotaru, he knew these frequent meetings were becoming less and less necessary. But it was nice to have someone as curious about the topic as he was to discuss and speculate with. A scholar in this world was something of a lonesome job. He stroked the spine of the tome, the slayer had refused. It was one of his first written works and took him many a year to complete. Few could really appreciate it for the art it was. Otherwise the meeting was a pleasant experience. Thorn was an interesting creature, temperamental one minute and calm and pleasantly entertaining the next.

He stayed calm until he went to fetch the slayer. Not being far from the room, he felt the mood change shortly before the bellow sounded and he began yelling for Emma. Aeolous found himself pitying the elven lady. He offered her a small smile smile as she fled the room after Thorn had stalked off in the direction of the healer's home. That would not be good. He only paused in his pursuit to set his book down in his room.

He arrived at the location without much trouble. After all, he only had to follow the terrified trail of elves in Thorn's wake. Apparently they knew not to bother him in these fits. When Aeolous did have to ask a direction, they only pointed and went in the opposite direction. Aeolous himself, was perhaps not that smart. He was not a fighting dragon, that much was certain. But forward he went anyway. The elven wizard may well be powerful, but Kagarithorn was an angry dragon. One never knew what sort of damage an angry dragon was capable of. Also, if this was where Hotaru was, it was all the better for him.

The scene he came upon was not a side of Thorn he had seen lately and getting inside to where the slayer most likely was would prove difficult with the two of them glowering at each other as they were. Shaking his head he approach them slowly, a calm smile on his face. "Dear, dear. Such violence I sense." He murmured first to get their attention as he placed himself near the doorway, his sapphire gaze traveled over the healer and back to Thorn, "Peace is sometimes necessary to a healing process. Your healer is correct on that account. However," He continued, turning a steady gaze back on the healer whose name he had yet to learn, "removing him from the Lord Oceanwalker's home without notice was not wise." His smile brightened slightly as he turned back to Thorn, "Let us try to understand the reasoning behind his actions. We need not upset ourselves, Hotaru is still safe and healing rather well thanks to your healer's judgment. Perhaps we can reach a comprise? Are we willing to try?" He asked of both the wizard and the blue dragon.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm

He snarled, pacing outside the house, an angry beast of a dragon, he was not the peaceful running of the river, not the happy babble of brooks, the gentle washing ocean, no, he was the raging sea, the boiling geysers, the furious rapids that swallowed men whole and did not spit them out again. His upper lip curled, "He was not your charge to take away, Arandur." He spat, "I gave him to you to make his hand better and to build his strength, not his morale, nor his spirit!" He hissed, "I didn't ask you to heal his mind, and you know better than most that you do not do anything unless I express it done." He growled, "I couldn't care less about how he's feeling." He spat the word as though it were vulgar, before another roar fell from him, "You know nothing of the dragon god! Do not presume to put yourself on what he wishes and does not!"

He snarled again, "He's had time to heal." His anger made him want to shift, his larger form was not to be messed with, but he shook his head, "He's had plenty of time to heal, Arandur, he hissed, he didn't care, he wanted to fight, he wanted to hurt something and the arrival of the other dragon did nothing to quell the urge. If anything it made it worse, and he growled at Aeolus, "Shut up, don't presume to tell me what is and what is not." He snarled at the crystal dragon.

"Arandur you should have spoken first, not taken him, consider yourself unwelcome at my home until further notice, my generosity is not to be taken advantage of. The Hotaru will not stay here, once he is healed by my standards, he will be returned, and I will be visiting every day until I consider him 'better'." He spat, "And no, this is not a request. I know you consider yourself unimpressed of my presence, but you are still in my kingdom, in my home, and under my rule. I gave you this place as your haven and now consider my kindness revoked. No compromise." The comment was pointed at the crystal dragon, as he whirled, his word final, and he stalked away. He moved into the dome, taking his noble shape and leaping out into the water, paddling off to work off some steam.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:21 pm

It was bad enough with Lord Oceanwalker there, fuming and imposing himself on his space as even the dragon slayer had not, but now there were two of them! It rankled his nerves, but thankfully the second could not get into his home since Oceanwalker was blocking the doorway with his body while shouting at him.

"I may not know exactly what your God wishes, but neither do you!" he snapped at the dragon, perhaps not the cleverest thing to do, but the way the other was going on, it went beyond even the limits he was used to having to deal with him with.

"I am heartbroken that I am no longer allowed in your home with all the mindless elves you keep there. How will I ever cope?" Sarcasm was dripping like acid from his mouth. "Your kindness has always been indulgent and more out of laziness than anything. If you had truly been kind to me, you would have let me go over a century ago, like you said you would. You would have listened to what I actually wished for instead of merely commanding the elves to deal with me. Your 'kindness' was merely a lack of unkindness."

He watched the dragon storm off, leaving his angry gaze looking at the other dragon still encroaching on the doorstep to his personal space. The space, he considered he might not have for too much longer if the dragon's anger didn't cool. It tended not to. They were like that, long lived, and unable to change.

In those moments, with the threat of his one piece of sanity in this otherwise watery prison, he almost wished the ocean dragon would die. A moment of understanding with his patient. Of course he had had moments like this before. Before he had made up this place. But it had been so long, he had almost forgotten.

Quietly, but firmly, he closed the door in the other dragon's face. He was not in a mood to be entertaining any more visitors.

Moving through the house, he would touch this and that, very normal, very earthy things until he sat down, seeming calm except for the tension singing through his body. He sat there, prim, with a glass of water in his hand, just staring off into space. He missed the forests. He missed the land. He missed just wandering wherever he wished to, away from the wretched dragons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Did remaining out of sight when the dragons came calling mark him as a coward? Hotaru rather thought it did, but he could not kill that dragon, for Oceanwalker held his Oath. A man would have to be deaf, however, not to hear all that went on, and he sought out the healer -- Arandur, was that his name? -- as soon as the shouting died down.

He approached the elf slowly. His body was still tense from the exchange, wanting to attack and to kill, and if he startled the healer, Hotaru worried that he might react without thinking. He actually ... didn't want to hurt the elf. Interesting.

Circling around to come at Arandur directly, Hotaru stood rigidly at ease in his borrowed clothing. He couldn't help the confusion that stole over his face.

"Why did you do that?" he asked. "You said you did not take sides, but you protect me. Why?" He picked at a loose piece of skin on his chin.

"Property. That is what I am now. I'm not ..." He cast about for a moment for the right words. "I am not worth protecting, least of all from he who owns me."
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 am

He looked up as the other came downstairs after the dragons had left. He was glad the man had had the peace of mind to stay hidden till now. However as the other started to speak, his own voice was angry.

"I'm not taking sides! I'm maintaining the neutrality. And you are NOT property!" Gods, these dragons and their minions, it infuriated him sometimes. "You chose sides, that doesn't make you property, you then got forced to change sides, that does also not make you property. You have a side, but you have your own mind and will to do within the parameters of your oath." He set down his glass sharply, but the contents inside did not slosh, he was making sure they didn't.

"In the dragon's house, I listen. He knows no more about what the dragon god wishes of you than you do. He isn't acting the way he is because its what the god wanted you to do, he's acting this way because he is trying to make you property! He thinks you are property, and you are not. Just because you gave an oath to that god does not mean you have to become like those mindless whimpering elves out there. You are your own person, no matter how much Oceanwalker wishes to make you merely a useful tool. In fact, he is acting in such a way that would actually make you a worthless tool, since you were not coping very well in there."

He would look as the other scratched away some dead skin. It bothered him, especially considering his healing and time had not made it better. "In fact, the patchy skin could well end up being caused by distress rather than anything else, so being away from the thing, or people causing you distress could actually help it. He just dislikes that not everyone treats him like a God himself. He isn't. He is larger, but in my thinking, he is no better than an elf, a human, a goblin, whatever. He is just a larger race, and acts like a bully to ensure people do what he wants. I don't agree with that. He has tried that attitude with me for over a century, and I still don't bow to his wishes. If I did, I would be taking a step away from what I believe in. Fact is, wizards are never left alone in this war that will never end, because neither side of dragons can bare to think of anyone not thinking of them as superior beings. Enemies they can handle, but to ignore them? Not to bow and scrape for the merest hint of their 'kindness' they just can't handle. That's why wizards always get forced to choose sides, even through kidnapping. It's arrogance, pure and simple."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:09 am

Aeolous watched as first Thorn went off, after loudly refusing to listen to any sort of compromise and the elven wizard? He shut the door in Aeolous' face. How kind of him, at least hadn't chosen to shoot anything besides that nasty glare at him. He sighed shook his head, turning from the home. Well, that hadn't gone well. The wizard and Thorn were much more alike than they seemed to realize. Both were stubborn bastards and refused to admit fault. To top it off the Hotaru was nowhere to be seen, probably keeping himself scarce considering the mood of the blue dragon. Well, he had only a few things to jot down. Maybe he could write a small record based on what he'd observed of the wizard healer, they were a scarce kind themselves having been dragged into this war of dragons, regardless of will most times. He had a small bit written on them, but that was back at his den and heading there now, with Kagarithorn in the water, he wouldn't risk it, perhaps he'd fetch it when he was in a better mood.

For now, he took to wandering the streets of this glorious underwater city, stopping every now and again to try to calm the unease in the hearts of Thorn's followers. They feared him like this and it was no surprise. The blue dragon had a violent temper he'd heard, but until now he hadn't witnessed it. He offered a small smile to Emma as he passed her upon returning to the blue dragon's home and seeking out the quarters given to him for his stay. He would take down what notes he could later, regarding both the hotaru and the wizard. But first, he needed a small nap. He found those tempers to be exhausting, he couldn't imagine them not being tired once they'd calmed down.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Hotaru's mouth turned down at the corners. "Perhaps you're right," he said, "about being property, but I don't care for the word 'slave.' That I am, most assuredly. There is no choice in the matter, and you're a fool if you've lived amongst dragons for a century and still know so very little about them."

He shook his head. "I appreciate the kindness, but I won't let you throw away your life when nothing you can do will change things." He sighed and leaned against the wall, suddenly weary. "You don't know what the world is like, Arandur." He said the name softly, almost uncertainly, for they had never been formally introduced and it felt wrong to speak with him so familiarly without express permission.

"Dragons are higher life-forms. They are destined to inherit and rule the world under the watchful eyes of the Gods. That is the way things are. Those such as Oceanwalker who seek to prevent such an occurrance are only delaying the inevitable. Those who refuse to take sides will be crushed." He shrugged, but his eyes were dark and cold as he spoke with the strength of centuries of conviction.

"You should be grateful to the dragon who gives you shelter, and not scorn it. One day when I am freed of this oath, I will come back and destroy this place, and everyone who lives here. You should enjoy it while you can."

Hotaru was a man of action and had little beyond disdain for those who preached for peace. It would not happen in his viewpoint, because every creature alive would fight to stay alive, even faced with the inevitable.

Except Chione hadn't. He thought about that as he walked away. His workout and the stress of the day made him feel weak again and he wanted to rest. He was not a priest and had never debated the Warlord's philosophies. Voicing his beliefs here, in the home of an enemy dragon and under the weight of his oath, felt like a betrayal. Of his oath, certainly, but he couldn't shake off a deeper sense of confusion.

"Oh," he added before he fully left the room. "I've had this problem for decades. If it was stress, I'd surely have shed my skin entirely by now. Safety and idleness are not things that have ever complicated my existence. Likely, it will kill me," he muttered as he went up the stairs. "And that will be just fine."
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:01 pm

He would listen to the other go on, speaking like the fanatic he likely used to be, and still likely was. "I really don't care about the dragon gods or the dragons, and as for higher life-forms, they are certainly larger life forms, but in the time I have spent with them I have seen no real greatness in them other than their pride and arrogance. Of course they have reason to I suppose, seeing as they are bullying their way through the world and taking whatever they want, people and possessions alike."

He shook his head "Your voice sounds so rehearsed, as if you have said the same thing over and over again. Can you honestly look me in the eye and say that you know they are your own thoughts? Or is there room in you to even consider that just because you have known something for a long time, does not necessarily make it the truth. History is written by the winners, and the voice of the land is spoken by those with the loudest voices that shout over all others. That does not make it right. It does not make it the truth. It just makes it the loudest voice. There is more to this world than the dragons and their gods."

"I will fight against being dragged into their meaningless, endless war. There are these two beings calling themselves gods, and they are too evenly matched to fight each other and for there to be a victor, so they drag their chosen race, the dragons into the fight. But what do you know, they are so evenly matched between the two sides that even then, the battle cannot be won by either side. So they force their will upon the other races, and it will never end, but continue like this. It is a pointless war. Nothing will gain over time except the needless death and suffering of thousands of people. They should have accepted the stalemate between each other instead of doing this. I have no respect for such a course of action."

He watched as the other moved for the stairs, seemingly pleased enough for the peace and normality of the place despite rallying against the whole peace thing. "Why should I be grateful to the jailer and slave-master? I have made this place to keep my own sanity and to keep despair from settling upon me too hard. But make no mistake, I am not going to thank the dragon for his trickery and the imprisonment he has placed upon me. I was always taught that with power comes responsibility, and to act responsibly you need wisdom. Well I see actions bred out of arrogance, and the mindset of an imperial command on all that come their way. Any that can say that they care not for the health and well-being of someone in their care should not be in charge. A child throwing things when they don't get their way is not the behaviour I would expect in a leader. And he knows it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:21 pm

<<Hotaru>>

Dragons were the greatest creatures of Synn, thought Hotaru as he drifted off to sleep. It was a short rest, but he woke up ravenous, energized, and itchy. There was this one patch on the back of his right shoulder blade that he couldn't quite reach, and he searched his small bedroom unsuccessfully for something to soothe the itch.

Arandur's thick creams stung and burned, but numbed the itch in most of the places that Hotaru had easy access to. He stood in front of the mirror by the wash stand and scowled into his reflection.

The rash was all along his hairline now, behind his ears, the back of his head, his and his neck like some frightful hood. The spot on his cheek was larger, covering most of his nose, and a smaller portion had formed between his upper lip and his nostril. Under the weight of his armor he could ignore the itch, and the steel and dragon scales protected his skin from any scratching anyway, but this? This was just maddening!

A twisted towel did nothing, rubbing against a wall did nothing, he could ... not ... scratch! And the one throbbing itch began to spread, so that even with the cream, a thousand other spots decided they needed scratched, too.

With grunting cries of both pain and satisfaction, Hotaru set his nails to his skin with a fervor, scratching until there were deep, bloody welts through the patches of dry, flaky skin. He scratched and he scratched and he scratched and he scratched and he scratched, and still that one spot mocked him.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

<<Hotaru>>

Frustrated but needing to do something to take his mind off how much he still itched, Hotaru spread on soothing, burning cream and settled on the bed. Seated with his ankles on his knees, he attempted to clear his mind with meditation.

He emerged when the needs of his stomach grew strong enough to break into his fragile calm. He returned to the main part of the house, but didn't see the healer at first.

He did hear a knock on the door, however, and stood there for a long minute before deciding to answer it. His first thought was that whomever it was wanted Arandur, but he could feel the draconic presence on the other side and wasn't so sure.

It wasn't Oceanwalker, however, and that decided him. He had a thing or two to say to the crystal dragon, and now was a good opportunity since no one else was around.

Yanking the door open, he growled, "I am not a specimen in a jar! Go away and leave me alone." Then a thought struck him, eliciting an evil gleam to his eye: Oceanwalker hadn't commanded he not kill any dragons. He obviously couldn't harm the holder of his oath, but this dragon was fair game.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Waking from his short nap, Aeolous returned to the desk and took down any notes he managed to cite from his memory. Which admittedly wasn't much. He did not liking having things on such bad terms with others. Unfortunately, he could not name a time that Hotaru or Arandur for that matter had been happy to see him. But this day been particularly bad. Perhaps they would appreciate a small gift. Though anything he could give them was back at his home. Hotaru would not appreciate a book of any kind as the crystal dragon had quickly learned. A snack, they may like that. He stood and made for the dining area and found a staff to take him to the kitchen, where he prepared a light lunch for three. It all consisted of cold meats, bread, and sugared and fresh fruits. He did hope that they enjoyed this.

He remembered well enough how to find the eleven healer's home, the lunch was tucked into a basket he held at his side and, for once, Aeolous was without a book for notes. He intended to try to speak with the two and find some middle ground. He very much preferred to be a peacekeeper than a fighter. However, the look on the Hotaru's face when he answered the door was hardly one of peace. And the words caused Aeolous to step back the slightest. The brief moment receded; however, but did not disappear, especially as the creature before smirked wickedly. What lay behind the gleam in the other's eyes did not bode well... but look! Aeolous' gaze was drawn from Hotaru's face to his arm, where black scales were beginning to show.

"This is it!" He exclaimed, reaching out to touch his arm, but stopping short. "This is the final piece of the puzzle, dear. I know what you are!" His sapphire eyes were alight with the knowledge. "I can tell you about your itches and the changes in your body. It makes much more sense. It even sheds some light as to why our Lord of the Sky wishes you to serve him." He looked up to the warrior's eyes. "Please allow me to help you with this. I would very much love to assist the last known hotaru in his coming of age."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Warz IC Thread   

Back to top Go down

Dragon Warz IC Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next