Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Left at the mercy of...food.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightmareFX
Angelic

PostSubject: Left at the mercy of...food.   Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Grimori followed the scarred man from the foyer to what he assumed was the main dining hall. Mori was so far impressed by this school- it was far better than he’d expected. His general attitude didn’t show it, but Mori couldn’t wait to see what the library looked like. He expected halls of books, filled with more information than he had encountered in one place before.

The young demon wore very simple, but snappy clothes for his first day at the school- the pants were clean pressed black, and he wore a matching black and blue shirt. It was tucked in of course; Mori would never be caught looking like some wild thing! Mori wore shoes, unlike many demons, and unlike any demons in his mother’s clan. Mori had taken after his mother for feet- his were three-toed with sharp talons. Mori hated his feet, and even though the best shoes he could find often hurt, he wore them rather than let people see his feet.

The hall the scarred man led Mori to seemed to be emptying of people- Mori guessed he was one of the last to arrive for the day. The piles of food made Mori’s mouth water, but it didn’t let the emotion show on his face...that was, until he saw the pile of oranges. Instantly Grimori’s orange-red eyes lit up and his ears perked up. Grimori barely heard the man leave, he was two busy examining the oranges and picking the two ripest he could find. Lifting them to his face, Mori inhaled their scent deeply, sighing softly.

Using his sharp claws to slice into the fruit, Mori looked up and observed the room for the first time. Not many students or people within, but since it was later on in the day, he wasn’t surprised. Mori moved slowly to a table and sat in an empty seat, watching around himself for anyone that might come close. He wasn’t really looking forward to having to open up and actually interact with others, but Mori knew it was necessary to fit in here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm

<< Duncan >>

Out of one of the side doors, the little dragon strutted, having already consumed the sweet or meaty treats that the tiefling professor had offered him, and the others he had wheedled out of him. He puffed up his chest and looked around the place. Hmm, clearing out now, lots of food left over of course, there always was.

Leaping up easily onto one of the tables, he snuffled at the food, picking at this and that, moving on ignoring the people mostly because he had already inspected them. But oh, a smell he didn't know. His gaze sharpened as he looked to the new student eating an orange. He didn't really feel like the fruit, so he would let the male keep it, but he did want to find out more about this new one.

Strutting over, he would leap from table to table before landing nearby and walking his way up along the rich old wood, weaving between large serving platters and drinks glasses, not knocking anything over, he was far too good for that. He would stop when he got to the youth and look at him, looming over him almost for his size on the top of the table, something that was made that much more when he took to stretching his wings out leisurely before folding them again, his gaze staying intent on the new recruit, his nostrils flaring a bit, taking in the scent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareFX
Angelic

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Mori flicked his gaze all around the room, watching as the last few students came and went. He had no desire to get up and leave yet- he still had more orange! Mori planned to go to the library next if he could find it, and being who he was, Grimori would never take food into a library. He did though, set aside one orange to eat later. Oranges were so rare for him to get that it was a treat he couldn’t pass up.

As he looked around, Mori caught movement from the corner of his eye and turned to see what it was. His eyes widened as he watched a dragon enter the room and hopping up on a table. Mori watched the small dragon leap from table to table, and mentally made notes about the movement. He stared at the dragon, turning in the seat to watch it. Fascinating- it moved so smoothly, without effort and without knocking anything over like one might expect.

Mori waited for the dragon to get close, smiling all the while. He let the dragon stand over him on the table, watching the movement of the wings. But then Mori stood, gazing at the dragon. “Hello little one. Small...you can’t be all that old, am I right?” Grimori had never actually met a live dragon, and the chance to study one up close was wonderful. He knew dragons were generally quite intelligent, and banked on the fact that the dragon would be able to understand him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

<< Duncan >>

He watched this man-thing stand and look at him. Small.. SMALL?! He hissed, his wings spreading out, the little fan-like bits at the side of his face fanning out to, vibrating with his indignation. He was not SMALL!! How dare the other think so? And young?! Did he look young? He thought not! He hissed again, clearly perturbed by such assumptions and more than a little dangerous. He could feel a couple of the Professors start to stand, worried perhaps for the safety of the new student. He ignored them.

He bristled, his spines rising more, his wings giving off that dangerous hum, like a massive angry wasp. Did this one not see the hardness of his scales? Not see the length of his horns or the build of his body that was most definitely fully grown for his species of dragon!

His talons struck out and snatched the fruit that the other seemed to prize, tossing it up and caught it in his jaws, then bit down on it, showing a lot of teeth, the juice running down the sides of his face as he glared at the man-thing. Dare to look down at him would he?! He was in control of the food around here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareFX
Angelic

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am

Mori raised an eyebrow, watching as the dragon hissed and puffed himself out. He was confused, of course- but Mori was still new to the whole being “social” thing. The dragon WAS small, and depending on his breed...maybe that was it. Grimori hadn’t studied dragons much, though he was interested.

Not expecting the dragon to react the way he did, Mori couldn’t stop him from snatching the fruit. He stared at the dragon, his ears slowly leaning back. Mori glared at the creature, before forcing himself to relax. “Since there are more oranges here than an orchard...I’ll let that go.”

Mori leaned back and watched the dragon. “I’ll assume you’re angry because of what I said. You ARE a small dragon, but that could be your breed. I know much less about dragons than I would like, so I assumed you were just a small dragon continuing to grow.” Mori paused for a moment, looking at the dragon’s wings. They fascinated him, there were different than he expected. “I’m sorry if I assumed wrong. Could you enlighten me? I would love to know more about you, your species.” Mori trailed off as he looked close, speaking softly as his knowledge-seeking mind wandered. “Your scales are such an amazing color... I didn’t think dragons could actually be such a deep blue, in pictures it always looks more black than anything else...”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:04 am

Grah!! This man-thing still insisted he was small! He streached his wings wider and higher, higher indeed than the demon himself and trying to make himself seem far more so. Small indeed! He was the biggest dragon in the world! (or so he assumed).

However as the student changed tactic, from mistakenly insulting to praising and plumping his ego he would change his behaviour accordingly. All should love him and worship him! Indeed, look at his glossy scales! He strutted on the table in front of the upstart, showing himself off while still maintaining that tilt of head that assured that his superiority was noticed. Yes, beg for forgiveness. Now you see the glory that is in front of you, behold the tight muscular body, the way his wings were both delicate and deadly, the way his claws clicked on the table when it could so easily rend it. Control, Ferocity and Handsomeness in motion was he!

The earlier insult was all but forgotten about with the change of conversation, and the dragon was all but preening in front of the newest member of his fan-club and man-thing servants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareFX
Angelic

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:31 pm

((Sorry for the OOC, but Duncan is the cutest thing ever! I giggled so hard at your second reply)

While he wasn’t so good with being social, Mori could read people fairly well, and he was slowly figuring out the dragon. The little being clearly liked being adored, and considered himself the center of attention. Mori couldn’t help but smile, and changed his tone to one of an admiration.

Mori watched the dragon strut around for a moment, and cursed softly. “I wish I’d brought a pen and paper pad. To see a dragon up close is a delight, I’d love to sketch you for my records.” He leaned as close as he deemed safe, admiring the shining scales. “Interesting design, and they are not all one color...” Grimori longed to touch them, but didn’t want to push his luck. “And your claws, very nice. I wonder if you need to worry about trimming them, though I’d doubt it.”

Grimori sighed and stepped back. “As much as I would love to keep admiring you and taking notes, I believe I need to leave and find...” He trailed off. Well, he still wasn’t sure what dorm he was in, but mostly, Mori wanted to know where the library was. He blinked and smiled at the dragon. “You seem to know the school, could you take me to the library?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:02 pm

<< Duncan >>

He liked the adoration, and yes, being immortalised in one of those drawn impressions might be nice, but the other might not be very good at it. He would have to get to know him better to find out that was for sure.

But all too soon the student was talking about going away. He should not want to go away, but what was this, asking him .. HIM to show him around like a servant?! There hadn't been enough emphasis on what amazing talents he had at knowing his territory to justify him actually showing someone around, he didn't pick up the subtle push in that direction. He was intelligent, but not that intelligent. He had superior intelligence and knowledge in some things, and not so great in others.

He narrowed his eyes a bit then leaped from the table and onto the next, expecting the other to follow as he bounded and glided his way across the room until he got to the place where the head of the fire dorm was and looked at him from where he stood on their table, then looked at the new student, then back to the fire dorm master before leaping up and beating his way up to the rafters again, disappearing into the darkness up there and was gone. The fire dorm master could show him around, or get someone else to, but HE was not to do such a menial job! What did they think he was? a trained pet?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightmareFX
Angelic

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Mori tilted his head at the dragon, reading into him again. Mistake #2, he thought with a sigh. Smiling, Mori followed the dragon, and before the beauty jumped into the rafters, he called, “Thank you, beautiful one! I look forward to admiring you again!” He chuckled softly once the dragon was gone. Well, now he knew how to act around the little dragon. Mori knew the dragon was intelligent, and very self-interested. Of course, Grimori couldn’t blame the dragon; he was pretty much the same.

And even as the dragon was flying off, Mori was admiring his body. An amazing structure, Mori couldn't wait to learn more. In fact, he was growing more excited by the moment and eager to get to the library.

Mori turned to the person at the table he’d been led to, wondering who it was. “Either the dragon hates me and just wants you to punish me for asking him to lead me to the library...or you can help me.” He blinked a bit and cleared his throat. “I’m Grimori Gaden, a new student here. I was trying to find a way to the library.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 am

"I'm sorry, we can't have you wandering off to the library tonight." Someone interrupted, the second of the female teachers, an extremely short young-looking woman with bright gold eyes and impish black curls around her face, making her look quite young. She was only about four foot three, possibly part elf or fairy, it was hard to tell, "If you'll follow Professor Cloudrunner? I believe this is yours." And she handed the other a yellow tile, "Welcome to the Wind Dorm. Hurry hurry." And she ushered him after the rest of the Wind dorm students and let Cloudrunner take it from there as she bounced back over to Professor Dacon, tugging on her sleeve and whispering in her ear before she trotted off.

"Hunter!" Dacon called after her, "Stop divining the students." She scolded.

Professor Hunter chuckled and waved her hand, ready for the end of the already.

~End of Day 1~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left at the mercy of...food.   

Back to top Go down

Left at the mercy of...food.
Page 1 of 1