Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Circus OOC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:24 am

Absolutely no problemo!

Yes well, Enrir can get a little wild at times, so a tree isn't all that weird Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://illusionvale.forumotion.com
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Game Announcement   Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

So, synopsis on where we are right now, plus Freddie's "condition:"

The time of day is late afternoon (currently) or early evening. Not that anyone can tell right now, lol, but there are clocks in the ship no doubt.

The storm has been raging for several hours, which means that everyone is indoors. There's a lot to do, chiefly making sure that the ship's sensitive, inner parts are protected from the blowing sand. Every single access part or opening (windows/doors/etc) must be checked regularly to make sure they're closed (and stay closed) and securely sealed so that sand isn't coming in. If sand is found, then the opening has to be fixed, and the parts cleaned of sand. The stuff is insidious and can cause a lot of damage, so anything around the engines, landing gear, and any life support equipment is a priority.

Also, the circus left most of their performance gear in Jan. The animals will need checked on and soothed because they're certainly not used to the current situation/environment and the sudden change is bound to be upsetting, since most animals like routines. Food and other necessaries must be accounted for so that each performer knows what he/she will need to replace and so that Saquir and Freddie can be apprised of costs and just how soon they will need to re-supply.

Freddie is pregnant.

As you might recall, although he refers to himself as 'he' and 'male,' nobody has ever seen him as who 'he' is under the costumes he wears, and there's always been speculation considering his normally androgynous looks and his ability to sometimes appear either incredibly male or very, very female. In as small a group as the circus, gossip is sure to be rampant, so I don't expect Freddie's pregnancy will remain secret for long -- it will be up to each character what they believe, but they should have reasons for their choice -- since he's pregnant, this will automatically make Freddie female, to pretty much everybody. As women who own successful businesses are very rare and not exactly accepted (remember, the Confederacy, while quite liberal compared to the Empire, are still very male-centric), this is definite cause for concern and possible scorn amongst the circus performers. They are right to be worried, and that's all I'm going to say on that.

Freddie's 'morning sickness' hits around noon and is more intense than a human's due to his moving innards. Once his guts rearrange themselves for the fetus, the nausea will pass. Beyond that, he moods (as I've tried to write them) are extremely volatile and will remain so, he gets fatigued easily, and, when not puking, is ravenous. The change has been gradual, but Daven can help pinpoint a more accurate time-frame. If those closest to Freddie put their heads together, the can trace back the mood swings at least to having begun around the start of their current tour.

I don't think this is knowledge that's easy to get or arrive at, so no instantaneous understanding, if you please, for any of the above. I think we're all good enough writers to allow for some character development here. Hm, thinking about it, I probably should have had Daven say "Mother" and not "Father," but that's what it is.

The next stage of the adventure is about to start, so hope you're ready!! pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Depending on which culture you are from, having female genitalia and innards doesn't automatically make you female, but how you self-identify, and I would assume the same would be said of those whose gender is in a state of flux.

One question though: when did freddie actually get pregnant? It doesn't seem like he has had any oppertunity to do so, and to do so doesn't he have had to settle with another of his species to stabalise his body to the desired gender/visage doesn't he? I would need to re-read your profile, but I thought he had to come into contact with and spend time with one of his own people to hit the period of time when his body leaves the state of flux of the younger years and settles.

I am kind of dissappointed that freddie is now considered 'female', just as wraith's university character was also female. I thought this was meant to be a men for men rp forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 pm

oh! I meant in a general sense, in that men don't normally get pregnant. LOL. Freddie does consider himself male and he's going to be quite annoyed, no doubt, at the assumption (and for the record, I agree, but trans-gender individuals are generally misunderstood by the vast majority, more's the pity). Wraith can correct me, but I had thought her uni char was referred to as 'she' when the female twin was in control, and 'he' when the male twin was running things ?

No, you're correct about Freddie ... and the implications of that are ...? mwahaha
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Its likely going to have a bit of a cold shower effect on Jasair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Jess is female but she's using Casey's body. And yes, for RP reasons and character development (which I have't been able to do/show because things have stalled) 'she' was when Jess was in control, and 'he' when Casey.

Big surprise ruined (because I've been catching A LOT of slack for this) Jess was going to turn completely into Casey and REMAIN male. It was just something interesting and complicated that I wanted to do to make my charry different and fun to play. Sorry.

And as for Freddie's 'surprise' I laughed my arse off and thought to myself, "This is definitely going to be fun."

Kudos to Dark for doing a fantastic thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Im really not into gender blending, *shrug*. Different strokes for different folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 pm

LOL Very Happy *smiles* tis all good
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Poor Jasair. Of them all, he seems like he's been the most confused about everything that's been going on. It'll be a challenge for me to first get him to notice that their relationship has changed, and then to figure out why. Freddie's very fond of his 'nephew,' he's just not used to thinking of him as an adult (at least consciously, though). Should the right situation arise ...?

Sometimes I feel sorry for Freddie, and sometimes I just chuckle evilly.

Thanks, Wraith! alien I thought Jess was an interesting character. Poor thing. I half-wanted to smack her around and half-wanted to strangle Casey for letting her get away with treating him like crap. lol.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 pm

lol most of that was what I was getting at Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:03 pm

So will Freddie now stop changing appearance etc or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:00 pm

*dancedance*

I was very excited to learn of this new twist.

I'm gonna be posting as Daven soon things just keeping coming up... like homework. Ack. >.< Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Freddie will continue changing shape according to who he's around for the foreseeable future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Okies, folks!!

The sandstorm will stop around sunset. Then we will have visitors to the ship.

Everyone has the 5 days (RL) to describe any last events or conversations that you want to have occur prior to the storm's ending.

Have fun! pirat alien
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh yay!
Back to top Go down
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Duly noted.

The only thing I really wanted to do Autruna was establish where and what Daven's role on the ship would be. And what kind of relationship (if any) he and Enrir is going to have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 am

I figured as much. I love you
Back to top Go down
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:08 am

I didn't know anybody knew that Enrir and Daven were a 'thing'. Or is it really obvious to the crew?
Back to top Go down
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:57 am

I think it'd be obvious during/after the tour ...! Very Happy With all the people they would pass, Enrir would've had to introduce Daven a bunch've times. Even if they didn't say anything, holding hands would be a dead give-away. tongue
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 am

XD Yeah, the snuggles would be a dead give away and they could have passed Jasair or he could have heard some gossip...assuming he heard before he flipped and started chasing people out of his kitchen.

Poor Jasair, he needs a hug.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

I was assuming that he would have talked to different people on the ship to try and get more information on the new guy between getting ignored by saquir, bringing back more food and then back to the kitchen, and enrir and him wern't exactly quiet enough to not have been noticed, or am I wrong? He would have wanted to vent to people, especially since freddie and saquir wern't listening to him or giving him any feedback other than to accept the pregnancy. If you don't think that enrir and daven would have been heard then Ill change the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:00 pm

This information (and the NPC info) will be posted here, but I wanted to post a bit here, too, to niggle your brains. Smile

We will soon be meeting the Dro. (rhymes with "throw") These characters (except for Reth) are free for all to interact with and have do things, so long as we stay true to their char blurbs. I trust us to use this information wisely. Remember, these people have their own motivations and desires. They are not bad people; that is, if they were on our side they'd be patriots and heroes instead of spies, saboteurs, and assassins.

Reth -- the mastermind behind the Dro, he plans and schemes and sends his men (and women and non-humans) off to do his bidding. (I prefer no one to mess too much with him because his actions will dictate the actions of the rest of the Dro)

Kaedan -- leader of the outpost here in the Tharan Desert, he is not completely human and Reth tolerates him (and gives him responsibility) because of his ability to cast illusions (think mirage-like images). He has successfully kept control of the Desert for fifteen years, ever since escaping there as a slave. He is why the desert is now considered haunted by monsters and bandits (the bandit part, at least, is real now)

Mick -- as Reth's second-in-command, Mick's job is to draw the attention to himself and away from the more subtle tasks of his teammates. He's perpetually jolly and he generally plays the fool, a ploy that hides a very devious mind. He may not be the handsomest of men, but he's still gorgeous and, more importantly, very charismatic. He seldom has trouble becoming and staying the center of attention. He likes his women dainty and fair, but he will flirt with anyone if that's what it takes.

Pherris -- large and clumsy looking, he has wide shoulders, a brawler's muscles, deep chest, and rough, gruff voice. His hair and beard is always a mess of wild tangles, but beneath that is a very gentle man who has a gift for earning people's trust. He plays the gentle giant very well indeed. Children and animals (and machinery) all adore him.

Ois -- the lone woman in the group, Ois is tall as a man, and seems made of angles. She is a Priestess of Pym, the Imperial God of Trickery and Deceit (think Loki). She is also one of Reth's best assassins. She is beautiful and graceful, but outwardly very cold and distant.

The Dro are a group of patriots whose aim is to end the 'rebellion' of the (misguided) Southern half of the continent. They are a secret group who have disrupted supply lines for the Confederate army, assassinated key leaders, destroyed countless ships under construction in the harbor, recruited more dissidents, and otherwise attempted to ruin the morale of the Confederacy. Their plans have had a very insidious, subtle effect of disheartening the populace and turn them against the war.

They rabble-rouse for peace, bribe government officials to push their policies in the senate, and are having a slow but serious effect; however, that they are a cohesive group with a united goal is unknown to anyone outside a very small group of people within the Imperial Intelligence. Only Reth and Kaedan know who they're really working for. Each cell (small band within the Dro) is autonomous. Each member of a cell knows the other members, but knows of no one else outside their cell. The leaders of each cell get their orders directly from Reth. Only he knows who each member is and where they are located.

There are women and non-humans in the Dro, but they accept their place in the world and feel that everyone else should as well. They all believe that men and humans are the rightful rulers of the world and all else should be subjugated beneath them. They were chosen and/or recruited because they are radicals, but also because they are expert assassins, saboteurs, spies, and con artists. Still, they are not stereotypical evil villains and their henchmen. They believe in their cause and to them they are right and everyone else is wrong. If you are not with them, then you are against them.

If you have any questions about these NPCs, please let me know. You can see more detailed char descriptions here. Why are they here? Well, guess we'll just have to wait and see! pirat
Back to top Go down
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 pm

No, I don't have a problem with all that stuff with Enrir and Daven. It all makes perfect sense Very Happy

I really like Jasair and I like how real you're playing him. Great job! Poor thing.

As for the Dro... cool.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks! Time for Jasair to realise Freddie isnt his dream man he always thought he was. Still it will have been difficult living around someone that looks like it all those years, all through his puberty and into his adult life, so its going to hurt a bit. Trying not to make it a total drama-fest, but Freddie has to be told by someone whats going on lol Might as well be from someone like Jasair who is losing the plot a bit haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Hehe, Jasair got the response out of freddie that he was hoping for, to draw him out of that weak mood to something like what he was used to be. Poor Saquir hehe. Of course, the fact he had just been with Jasair means freddie will look even more intimidating because thats the look he likes muahaha. Poor Saquir. though considering how he looks, Saquir will know just who set Freddie off on one.. oops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Circus OOC   

Back to top Go down

Circus OOC
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next