Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Character numbers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Character numbers   Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 am

We are small in number, and likely to stay that way for a while until we get better known, and friends introduce friends to it. I was wondering whether those here would be creating more characters, or prefer sticking to one?

I am the first to admit that I prefer an active forum where new posts are there all the time, because I am used to turn-based paragraph chat rp, which is instantaneous replies pretty much, so I am aware that my personal opinion is bias. I think though with so few players, there is only so much that can happen, as each character might be in a different area, and not able to interact with each other, and having to wait on one person's response to their character, stopping the rp in the meantime if that person is away from the computer for a day or more. To me it makes sense to invest in creating a few characters, so that if one character is stuck waiting for another person to post, the other characters are still functioning and able to be posted for.

Anyway, yeah, what are all of your thoughts on the matter? How can we get the forum off the ground? I think to maximise posts, multiple characters especially at the beginning is a must, but what are your opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil

PostSubject: Re: Character numbers   Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:03 pm

I have multiple characters still in the works for the RP, I am used to forum RPs where it may take someone minutes, hours, even days to reply. I'm rather slow with posting, so I feel obligated to be patient. XD Since I ask the same of my fellow players.

I have a link to this in my signature on Gaia and I intend to make a post in the Barton OOC advertising to see if we can't get some good membership running.

Last edited by Autruna on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding thoughts~!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Character numbers   Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm

I was trying to stick to one character, because I have other projects I'm invested in, though I really want a Wind character, so we'll see.

If anyone's any good at drawing, they're selling $10 ad slots at http://yaoi.y-gallery.net and I'm willing to sponsor a month or two if we can come up with something.

scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Character numbers   Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I personally have no idea. I'm a GM and a forum administrator myself, so I'm pretty busy on my best days. I've put up a link and a Portal Post to this site. I've only got about 15 members though, and that 's after about two years. So it can be slow going.

As for different characters, I'll see what I can do. I personally get attached to my characters so I might stick with Kain at the moment. But perhaps I can dust off a few others. I had a fire mage once that kicked ass. Course, it was a she and insane. But I might be able to modify her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://illusionvale.forumotion.com
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Character numbers   Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 pm

*laughs* I myself love having many characters to play, that way I can pick and choose who I want to use on a given day xD. I can draw some, I like to anyways, but it's been a few months since I've sat down to do some serious work, sans the paintings I'm working on, but those don't count, as I don't have a scanner big enough to post. Anyhow, I'm working on several characters at once, and that's what I love to do, plus I'm working on advertising on places like the Keep (Wraith, the memories, ah Scribe, what little you and I did there.... >.>) and one or two other places. It's just a matter of coaxing people to be as dedicated as all of you are. *grouphug especially Scribe b/c I know he doesn't like it* =P*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character numbers   

Back to top Go down

Character numbers
Page 1 of 1