Sins of the Flesh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

Frequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

So, if you hadn't guessed yet, this is a SLASH role-playing forum, also known as Yaoi.

What is Yaoi/Slash you ask?
Really, it's like anal beads, if you don't know what they are, you shouldn't be playing with them. However, for the younger audience >.> I will share, Slash/Yaoi, is basicall boys (please pay attention) who like (real close here) other boys! You get all that? *taps mike* Ladies, Gents? Yeah? Okay, now that you know what it is, that is what SotF is all about. We are a Yaoi/Slash roleplay site, you don't like, GET THE F*** OUT. I mean it. I can't stand haters. *growl*

What do we do here?
Well, generally we Role-play, if you don't know what that is, go to the Ultimate Guide and read up, yah slacker!

Feel free to post your questions here, Autruna or myself will do our best to answer them to the best of our knowledge. ^.^

Last edited by Blackwulff on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Question/suggestion   Frequently Asked Questions EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:21 pm

In the rules you have put that the age restriction for the forum is 16+. However, depending on where the person is from, it could be breaking the law as the age of consent in some countries (and I believe some US states?) is over this.

It might be better to change the rules to 18, or to the age restriction of the country of residence. Don't want to get into trouble.

Also, will there be a profile section?
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:32 am

The rules also state the following:

Rules wrote:
6) When posting a story or poem or other form of artistic expression please take care to post them in their proper place. Also, when posting erotic fiction or poetry or other forms of artistic expression of eroticism, especially because this is not an adult site, please ensure that you post in the proper, locked and designated area as it is designed especially for it. If you are unsure, simply send a copy of your work to the Moderator/Admin and they will be able to help you.

I was hoping to have a Records forum where profiles may be posted, so all Sinners may keep track of their own charactersand read up on other characters. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: forum format   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 pm

I am not entirely sure about the format of the forum. It's different to the other forums I have played in and so I am a bit confused as to what exactly is meant to be the setup for the place.

It seems to me you have it set up like a building, or set of buildings in which to RP in. Each room listed has a different genre in which to post in, such as fantasy for one room, or area of a room, horror in another, modern in another.

It seemed at first that these rooms were meant to be rped as physical rooms, where it set the scene for the rp to take place, and talking to you gave me the impression that these were meant to be the starting point from where the rps in these rooms branch out to different places.

The issue I see with this is that it doesn't give very much chance for overlap and for stories and characters to develop. A fantasy character might never meet another character who has to rp in the horror section because they are a vampire etc. It perhaps tries to be too much. Especially with the forum starting out, it might be better to have it less segregated so that the stories can flow from room to room, area to area like they would in real life. I had a rp forum once that was set in a small town, and the rps would flow from area to area meeting different people, from the smithy to the brothel, the healers to the forest, with maps etc that people could refer to.
Frequently Asked Questions 16k4cab

In general I would say that while it is ambitious for the forum to have it set up with so many different facets to it, especially with such a small playerbase, its too ambitious and might end up making the place feel disconnected and empty. I would suggest trying to stick more to it being set in a place or area and have it generally fantasy that encompasses all sorts of things, and have a proper scene setting, rather than making it so broad.

I personally have no idea where even to start to post in the way it is set up at the moment, or what sort of character to bring in. Maybe I am not understanding it right, and if so, maybe a better description of the place, its goals and way it works would be benificial.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:24 pm

The intent is to have a core storyline, which the entire forum follows, that is displayed beneath 'Northwood University' and for the members to have a place to RP away from the storyline, which is in the 'Sinner's Coffer' section. Just because an RP is in the 'Horror' section does not mean, say, a character from the fantasy realm cannot crossover into that story, it just means that the central theme of that RP is horror, rather than fantasy.

I didn't make any maps for this for more than one reason, first and foremost, it's too much trouble, I'm entirely too lazy to make maps for every section of the Uni XD, secondly, it doesn't give much of a chance for the reader to get their own ideas, I'm very big on encouraging imagination usage, with an imagination you're never bored I find. Thirdly, I'm entirely too lazy for it XD!! I know, if I want to put effort and time into this, I shouldn't be so lazy, but the community isn't big enough for me to do that just yet, also I have no means to do such... >.> *koff* Anyways, but another reason, is because the Uni is still more or less evolving here, so I don't have every single little detail planned just yet. Wink That's the fun part though, right?
Back to top Go down
https://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:34 am

Can someone put in a library in the university, I think ill be needing it for Michael York
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1