Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Louis & Armand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dark
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Louis & Armand   Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Gaaaaaaaaaah!

I just finished reading Interview with a Vampire, by Anne Rice (yes, I know, I'm behind the times), and is it just me or is the ending really really depressing??

Anyone else read it? I mean, when Armand has Louis in the tower and they're talking, I just wanted to shake the older vampire. Don't let him go! I was thinking, and You IDIOT! Aaaaaah!

From what I remember of the movie (and I watched it ages ago when it first came out, my friends were all Brad Pitt fangirls), Armand was some shadowy, evil villain, and I didn't get that about him from the book at all. I really felt bad for him. He destroys what he sees as his rival for Louis' love, and winds up killing what he loves about Louis in the process. Their last conversation is so heartbreaking.

Louis is one of those characters that reminds me of an old cartoon, with the little girl (I think) going, "I'm just gonna love him and squeeze him and make him my very own..." Laughing Or something like that, anyway. Claudia creeped me out, though. I liked her, but her story was also tragic. Lestat .... I dunno. I think the movie version of him was way cooler.

Not sure if I'm going to read the other books. I'm not a big vampire fan, but the book as a whole was very intriguing, and definitely gripping. There were times I didn't want to put it down. [sigh] But spring break is over and it's back to the books ... and another bout with bronchitis. Sometimes, I really hate children. Get to see the doc again tomorrow. Just let me stop coughing, Lord, please!

Night, all!

geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/arctikfrog/
Wraith
A Little Sinful

PostSubject: Re: Louis & Armand   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Though I've never read the book (yes, yes, I know I should) the movie's description of their relationship intrigued me as I could see somuch of a deeper story there. I was very sad at what happened, but I suppose that kindof love was doomed at thefirst. The truly sad part for me was that Louis apparently shared the feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://illusionvale.forumotion.com
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious

PostSubject: Re: Louis & Armand   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Ok, second time lucky. My first try at responding to this the forum ate. Rawr.

I am personally not much of an Anne Rice fan, mainly because her style of writing bores me, especially in later books. She takes massive leaps to other parts of a story that I have little interest in reading, bits of back story, side stories etc that really arn't that critical to the plot, and they go on for the size of a short novel. Her book 'the vampire lestat' I quite liked, and to a lesser extent 'queen of the damned', though from there I didn't much like her work. I picked up one of the recent volumes in the long line of vampire ones she has done, and liked it ok, but I do prefer other authors. She is not one I automatically buy.

I have read most vampire fiction, and a lot of sword and sorcery/fantasy stuff, so if you want some reading suggestions or a review of a book you are thinking of getting, just post it up and I can probably help.

In terms of you liking the conflicting nature of the feelings in the first anne rice vampire book, I would say that a good book you should probably consider reading is the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Jewels-Trilogy-Daughter-Darkness/dp/0451529014
Although the names of the people in it seem cliché, the book is well worth your time reading. It also has my favourite character of all time in it! and considering how many books I have read, that is saying something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Louis & Armand   

Back to top Go down

Louis & Armand
Page 1 of 1