Sins of the Flesh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Flesh

Bring on the Men!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirror, Mirror

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Mirror, Mirror   Mirror, Mirror EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

In a distant part of the European countryside, not any one part that any one person knows of in particular, mostly from rumors and legends and touristy things like vampires and werewolves. Various spook hunters may hear of hints of darkness from the region, as it's the same generally vague area as Transylvania , and the Carpathian Mountains. In this particular village, indistinguishable from the village of a hundred years ago, remaining frozen in time, strange events have been recorded happening.

Not only is the ancient castle that overlooks the village believed to be haunted, the villagers' behavior changes from day to night and back.  A red mist seeps through the villiage each night poisoning visitors and is believed to be the cause of the villagers' erratic behavior at this time.

Only a very brave few have dared attempt to solve the riddle of the this town and even fewer have returned with their sanity intact. However, this hasn't stopped anyone from trying. The most recent one to return spoke of an item that caused these strange happenings. Of course the man was half insane, repeating his babble of an item that must be destroyed. "The mirror... it's that awful beast... I have to destroy it! I must! No other way! It'll destroy us all!" He has since been locked away in asylum and drugged to keep him under control.

One man; however, dared take the words of a crazy man seriously.  This is where our story begins.

Last edited by Autruna on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
https://sinsoftheflesh.forumotion.net
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Rundown   Mirror, Mirror EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am

So this takes place in a teeny-tiny town, not more than maybe 300 people not terribly high in the mountains, more near the base, but we are in a higher elevation than perhaps many of these folks have been to. No one knows the language beyond snippets and no one really knows each other. You may have heard of one another, but beyond that, nothing.

About the village:

The village, as stated above, is no more than maybe three hundred, and beyond that the rest are visitors. The village, it seems, is stuck in a time where there was no running water and things still needed to be hunted, to support the town itself. There is a butcher's shop, and a bakery, as well as a tavern/inn that's not meant to hold more than a few people at a time, but regardless, folks still squeeze in. There's several houses and farms in the are, though they farm mostly hardy things like wheat and some fruits to be traded to the merchants that come through two or three times a year.

There is a small town square with a fountain at the heart that the town idiot occasionally takes baths in. Houses line the area, usually small homes, with people who work as herbalists, and a witch or two, serving the guests that come through with tours and their eccentric behavior.

The Castle:

The castle is a dark looming thing, up a ways on the mountain overlooking the village with its darkness. It's built into the side of the mountain, dark and foreboding as it rises up over the people below it. Most folks are afraid of it, and won't go near it, but the bold few dare step into it, come back mad, or blithering idiots. The castle is full of many twists and turns and secret passageways that take the visitor all sorts of uncomfortable places. What lies within these walls has led to many a man/woman's undoing.

The Crew:

A crew of about five to six, a psychic to detect the dark vibrations within the town and the castle, an archaeologist/demon expert/historian (or any derivation thereof), one or two spiffy paranormal investigators, experts on ghosts, goblins, and things that go bump (thump, lump, hump, or otherwise) in the night, and the obligatory muscle to protect against those things that would haunt them, or even hurt them on the trail.

The Story:

The story is controlled by myself and Autruna. The way it works is the story plays and at points in the story there will be two choices, one that will be written by myself, or one by Autruna. There will be polls put up so that the players can choose which way the story goes. Popularity, of course, wins, and then Autruna, or myself will write the continuation thereof.
Back to top Go down
QuietScribe
Sinfully Delicious
QuietScribe

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror, Mirror   Mirror, Mirror EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I agreed to play the archaeologist/historian. Ill post up info on him soon. He knows pretty much nothing on paranormal stuff, and folklore other than what he has come across in history, so the paranormal bits, and demonology etc is still free.
Back to top Go down
Autruna
Black Lady of Evil
Autruna

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror, Mirror   Mirror, Mirror EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Awesome! This should be fun. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clary_thesaneone
Blackwulff
Dark Lord of Sin
Blackwulff

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror, Mirror   Mirror, Mirror EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Awesome, sorry I didn't get this up sooner, but since I need the psychic to kind of lead the group around a bit, I'll be taking him up. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror, Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror, Mirror   Mirror, Mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

Mirror, Mirror
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sins of the Flesh :: Sinner's Coffer :: Outside-
Jump to: